The Electabuzz Baseball Fan

Start from the beginning

"Pidgey, use Quick Attack!" Casey yelled out.

Pidgey charged towards Nova.

"Nova, use Thunder Shock!" Ember ordered.

Nova launched her electric attack at Pidgey which zapped Pidgey and it fell to the ground in defeat with swirling eyes.

"No way!" Casey exclaimed.

Alain, Mairin, Zoey and Cilan sweat dropped at the quick defeat.

"I want a rematch!" Casey demanded.

"Okay." Ember sweat dropped.

Casey sent out Chikorita to battle next, "I'm going to win this next battle, Ember!"

"She's definitely a beginner's trainer." Cilan whispered to Alain.

"Yeah she's got that cocky attitude that some rookie trainers have." Alain agreed.

"No kidding." Zoey sweatdropped.

"Nova, do you still want to battle?" Ember asked.

Nova nodded.

"Alright." Ember said.

"Use Razor Leaf, Chikorita!" Casey ordered.

Chikorita flung leaves at Nova and Nova got it from them.

"You okay Nova?" Ember asked.

Nova was okay to still battle. She nodded, "Sylve!"

"Okay, use Swift."

Nova shot stars, from her mouth, straight at Chikorita, defeating it in the process and making Ember the winner.

Ember picked up Nova and gave her a hug. "You were great, Nova." She said. Nova smiled happily.

"Chikorita!" Casey ran toward her starter Pokémon, "We lost..." She said sadly and returned back her Pokémon.

"Casey, you're a beginning Pokémon trainer and your Pokémon don't have enough experience yet, to go up against Ember who has been on her journey for two years now." Cilan started, "But if you train your Pokémon, I'm sure that you'll be a strong trainer in the future."

Casey looked up, feeling a bit better, "You really think so?" She asked.

The gang nodded.

"Thanks everyone." Casey smiled.

=========

A few minutes later, the gang were sitting on a fallen tree with Casey sitting on a stump across from them.

"My name's Casey Nanako. I'm a huge baseball fan and I just became a Pokémon trainer." Casey introduced herself.

Ember, Alain, Mairin, Zoey and Cilan introduced themselves as well.

"I'm impressed by your Sylveon, Ember. I never got to see one before. Not to mention that she knows 'Thunder Shock'." Casey said.

"Well Nova is special." Ember stated.

"The Pokémon I want more than anything in the world is Electabuzz. Someday I might even have a whole team of beautiful yellow Pokémon. All of them with stripes!" Casey gushed.

"Why do you like yellow and striped Pokémon, Casey?" Mairin asked.

"Well you see, me and my family have been routing for the Electabuzz baseball team for three generations." Casey replied, happily.

Ember couldn't help but feel sorry for Casey. She had heard and read about the Electabuzz Baseball Team on tv and in magazines; they always ended up in last place. So she kept her mouth shut to prevent herself from saying anything offense to Casey.

So they invited Casey to have lunch with them which she didn't mind at all. She was very interested in all of their Pokémon. Her Chikorita was impressed by Levy (Meganium). The two instantly got along. However the peace didn't last because Team Rocket showed up.

Nova's Dark Pulse attack sent them flying into the air and out of sight. Then they resumed their lunch.

==============

Soon it was time for the gang to continue on their way to Violet City.

"You may have beaten me, Ember but next time, I'll win the game." Casey declared.

Ember laughed and nodded, "I look forward to it Casey." She said.

"Bye!" Casey waved and walked another way.

"Bye Casey!" Mairin waved.

"Next time huh?" Ember giggled.

"Next time Casey won't be a rookie anymore." Alain stated.

Ember smiled, "That's right."

===========

Though they go their separate ways, their new friend Casey is headed towards the same goal as Casey, becoming the best Pokémon trainers they can be. With practice, patience and determination... Just may get there.