XVIII.

❜ ─ 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍 𝐀 𝐒𝐏𝐘. ─ ❛

"HEY! WHO ARE You?" Nekura asks with a serious expression on her face as she approaches a man in an empty alleyway

"HEY! WHO ARE You?" Nekura asks with a serious expression on her face as she approaches a man in an empty alleyway. She has seen the gray haired man weeks ago. He has talked to the boy whose blood she has drunk. However, since this day she has seen him more often in empty streets or forests - as if he was stalking her the whole time.

The man with the many scars on his body smiles and turns around to face her. His blue and grey eyes look at her, musing every detail of her face.

"Nice to meet you." he greets her with a hint of cunningness in his voice.

She can feel that this person is not human. No, this guy is definitely a curse. But why does a curse like him keep following her everywhere?
She crosses her arms in front of her chest and glares at the man, her hazel eyes piercing his, sending a shiver down his spine.

He raises his brows at her as he feels her aura and presence growing. Excitement spreads in his body, his muscles and veins tensing up.

"You're just like he described you." the man utters with a calm and soft voice, the cunning tone never leaving. He smiles smugly at her.

She narrows her brows at his statement. "Who's he?" she questions seriously with a firm tone in her voice.

The grey haired man sighs in disappointment, his arms hanging on his sides. He puts a hand on his head and strokes his hair. Shaking his head in disbelief he frowns. "Hm, you became more serious, I guess." he mutters to himself but she can still hear it.

His secretive behavior annoys her. She takes a step towards him in a threatening manner but he seems to enjoy this banter. He bites his lip and tries to hold back his excitement. His eyes stare at her, his pupils dilated as they focus on her face and figure.

"Answer my questions." she utters seriously while staying calm, never leaving him out of her sight.

He slowly walks towards her, his hands folded behind his back. He grins, letting out a soft chuckle. "They call me Mahito." he replies with a cheeky and cunning attitude as he stops in front of her.

She looks up into his eyes, he's only a few centimeters taller than her. Glaring at him, she holds eye contact.

"Okay, Mahito," she pauses for a moment, "Are you a spy? Why do you keep following me-"

He cuts her off by laughing amusedly, casually waving her questions off. He wipes away a tear of joy as he continues on laughing lightheartedly. "Me? A spy? Oh no!" he utters below his chuckle. "Being a spy is no fun."
He slowly begins to calm down but his smile is still apparent on his dry lips.

She narrows her brows at him, trying to read him. However, his unpredictable demeanor makes it almost impossible. The eyes are the door to the soul, they say. But when she stares into his irises she can only see a darkness full of sadism and murderous lust.

"I'm way better than just a spy." he speaks, his smile turning into a smirk. "Because a spy doesn't take their target person with them, do they?"

"Huh?"

A wave of confusion washes over Nekuras face as she glares at the man, not standing his attitude and smug expression.

He puts an arm on her shoulders and pulls her close to him, his eyes now right next to hers. She remains unfazed as his smirk widens. A maniacal expression appears on his face as he thinks he won the control over the situation.

"Do you want to know about my cursed technique?" he questions, his cold breath brushing her cheeks.

She just looks at him, her hazel eyes piercing his as she waits for him to continue on talking. Though, she just wants him to explain his motives.

"I can deform souls of every being I touch."

After he says that he has actually expected a proper reaction from her. He wants her to yelp and go on her knees, begging him for letting her stay alive. He wants her to cry, showing him how he's in control of the situation and her life.

But nothing happens.

She stays completely unfazed by his threatening curse technique and just sighs. His smile fades at that and he raises his brows in confusion.

"And you think that scares me?" she asks calmly, putting her hand on his, which was still lying on her shoulder.

His breath hitches and he gulps. He has not expected this turn of events, even though his friend has warned him..

"If you see her, run away."

She moves his arm off her shoulders, still holding his hand with a tight grip. Her gaze is downwards, some strands of her hair covering her eyes, which begin to glow red.

"Did you really think," she mutters calmly, her presence and dark aura growing, "that I have a soul?"

He wides his eyes and fear as well as excitement spread in his veins. Licking his lips, he grins at her. But little does he know that he's actually on the verge of dying.
The female looks up into his eyes with her wide red ones, which glow piercingly. He ignored the sting in his own eyes and jumps backwards further into the dark alleyway.

"So that's why Geto wants you to work with us.." he murmurs to himself, inaudible for her to hear. However, she clenches her fists at his secretive whispering and takes a deep breath. She's so close to loosing it.

"Now, now, don't be so angry." he says with a cunning grin, holding his hands in front of his body in a protective manner. "Why don't you come with me? I bet your brother would greet you with open arms."

Her eyes widen at his comment and her pupils disappear in her red orbs. Her breath hitches as she listens to his words, which make her even angrier. She grits her teeth, her claws appearing on her hands. Her curse energy starts to grow.

"You really want to die, huh?"