𝟏𝟗» ‌ɪᴄᴀʀᴜs ғᴀʟʟs

"Take my handTake my whole life tooFor I can't help falling in love with you,"

"Take my hand
Take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you,"

~ Can't help falling in love with you//Elvis Presley

HEALING IS A DELICATE ART, my therapist had told me once

HEALING IS A DELICATE ART, my therapist had told me once. It required stitching back the pieces of our fractured selves. One difficult process, wouldn't you say, when you've never been taught how to sew?

I wonder if that was what Stefan was doing as his hands traced over my bare skin. His touch was something. Soft, holding me delicately as if I was a fragile little thing. So different from his plush lips.

Melting onto mine hungrily, tugging at the soft skin below my jaw, unafraid to leave his mark. The fire spread from each silver of skin his lips touched, spreading throughout my body, engulfing me whole.

One thing was for sure.

If I burned today, let me burn. Let me be Icarus. Let him be my sun. I'll soar towards him still, just to bask in the warmth of his presence - even for a fleeting moment.

Stefan's hands slipped underneath my top, bunching the fabric upwards to roll it over my head. It was thrown around the parlor somewhere to join his shirt. For a split second, My eyes flicked to the old photographs adorning the knotted wooden walls of the cabin.

Then suddenly, I was awash with questions.

That one makeup brush I hadn't washed in like, ever consumed my thoughts, as did the towering heap of laundry awaiting my attention. Then, the relentless worry crept in: What if my period chose to arrive early, or worse, not at all?

And in the back of my mind, there was a scene of casa erotica in play. That porn that Dean liked, I couldn't help but wonder if he would be into that sort of thing.

Stefan's icy fingers pressed against the curve of my waist, anchoring me in the moment. Concern blended with intrigue in his eyes, "What's going on in that pretty head of yours? Tell me."

"I don't know what to do," I confessed honestly, chewing on my bottom lip. "Well, I do, but... you know. Which version? The porn one... or?"

"Oh, god, please no," He let out a terrified chuckle.