8. Fight or flight...

despite zhan's efforts, yibo is still unable to unleash his raven and fly. right at that moment, sean calls and promises to give him all the answers he need.

"have i lost you, little raven?" asked zhan.

"ah, sorry, just got distracted." said yibo.

"who was calling?" asked zhan.

'i can't tell him who was calling me...' thinks yibo.

"you're too curious." said yibo.

"i'm sorry, yibo! i didn't mean to pry." said zhan.

"you shouldn't. and there's nothing for you to worry or to be... jealous." said yibo.

"right... good to know." said zhan.

for a moment, uncomfortable silence falls between the both of them. it's like a cloud of doubt looming over the both of them. zhan takes yibo's hand into his and urges him to look into his eyes.

"listen, yibo. all of this is very new... for both of us." said zhan.

"tell me about it." said yibo.

"but we're going to be fine. and you are going to be all right. raven or not, i wouldn't change a single thing about us. now, what do we do?" said zhan.

"i think we should go home." said yibo.

"hmm, is that an invitation?" asked zhan.

"maybe for later at night. but right now, i'll need some rest." said yibo.

"got it! a date later tonight then! call me clingy, but i'm not ready to let you go..." said zhan.

"i'll see you soon, tonight." said yibo.

'the truth is - i feel the same. the more time i spend with him, the more right this feels.' thinks yibo.

"you're silent. did i scare you?" asked zhan.

"well, maybe a little bit." said yibo.

"oh?" said zhan.

"i guess being around you does scare me a little bit all the time." said yibo.

"why is that?" asked zhan.

"because you're the embodiment of all the changes around me. and it all happened so fast." said yibo.

"don't be scared, yibo. we have all the time in the world" said zhan.

on yibo's way back, he get a text message from sean with instructions on how to get to the meeting place.

"let's see what you've got to tell me, sean!" said yibo  to himself.\

'seeing him again feels confusing. sean is just a mystery. maybe that's why i'm flying toward him like a moth who knows that it's going to get burnt and yet can't stay away.' thinks yibo.

following the instructions, he arrive at a modern cabin. sean is already waiting for him, leaning against the door.

"punctual as well as beautiful! i'm glad you decided to come, little raven!" said sean.

"how about you use my name?" said yibo.

"right! that pet name is reserved for zhan, i believe. i never liked it anyway. you are so much more than a 'little raven', yibo!" said sean.

"yeah? and what am i?" asked yibo.

"the bravest boy i've met in a long while." said sean.

'if only he knew how scared i am of everything that's going on around me.' thinks yibo.