Joe vs Destiny itself...

My unconsciousness was an enigma. Something unknown. Something bizarre. It's like the border of purgatory and the living. But sadly, I wish I was unconscious. Because when I woke up. When I awaken from my pure black slumber; that's when things changed. And not for the better.

I woke up in some pitch-black room or cave. I wouldn't know because I couldn't see anything that was an inch away. I grumbled and sat up. Looking around me to see what situation I found myself in.

Jesus CHRIST, I thought. Why would any of this happen? Did something weird happen? I was sleeping in my bed after I angrily told my mom to get the new guy she married to leave us alone and never come back. And now I'm here! What has my life become?

Well, I only know things so far. For one, the ground was stone or really smooth concrete because it was hard as hell. And second, was the aroma. It smelled awful! As it smelled like vomit had a baby with every other disgusting smell humanly imaginable! Something felt off.

I then heard a groaning sound. Followed by someone sitting up. Wait, I thought. Someone else was here? I was proven right when a familiar voice spoke out.

"Where the hell am I?" It was Dakota! "Why am I stuck here?"

"Dakota?" I asked out into the darkness. "You there?"

"Well duh!" Dakota replied. "Now where are we? It smells awful and I can't see a damn thing here!"

"Beats me," I responded. I don't know how the hell this happened. "Maybe something weird is going on."

Suddenly, footsteps appeared. It sounded like a group of people were entering the area. Then the sound of a bright orange light rose as it lit the room. What it showed is a group of people. They were wearing various colored cultist robes. Most of them were either black, white, or red. But some of them were dark blue and purple. But what was worse was the person standing in front of me, Dakota, and Lucas (Who passed out and I didn't even notice him until now.) was Randall. The same guy who was friends with Dakota, the same guy who I kinda hung out with, the same guy who we all thought was cool and chill.

But now I wasn't sure if that stayed that way. He smiled like we were at a party instead of a smelly stone room.

"Welcome to the domain Joe & Dakota!" Randall said, all the other cultists were silent as a library. "My boss is so happy to see you! You know that?"

I narrowed my eyes. I felt some ever-growing suspicion. A suspicion that I knew for a fact was true! Randall must've been a sociopath!

Think about it. So far he's kidnapped me and is a cult member. May I say more?

I sighed. I stared at the cultist high schooler, my face blank as a whiteboard.

"Randall... What the hell are you talking about?" I said. "You better give me some straight answers or I'll try to... escape from this place with almost zero regard for your or your cultist's lives! This is ridiculous, man!"

Randall cackled in reply. That cackle turned into a mad laugh. After he had his little villainous chuckle session. He replied.

"Joe, you are so ignorant sometimes! It's rather charming to me!" He said. I didn't know if he was flirting with me or trying to threaten me. "The Dark God wanted you! He wants you to be here for a purpose! He needs you to j-"

I interrupted. "I'm going to say this. Before you finish up your stupid villain monologue! You need to shut up and give me some straight answers! I don't care about your Dark God boss! I don't care about your cult lackeys! Give me some answers and now!"