January 14th 2010

LYLA

"ly, you need to wake up" i took a deep breath feeling a soft hand on my side "dinner is in 2 ish hours, wanted to give you enough time to get ready" i gave him a smile and took myself into the bathroom to shower "mum could you steam that dress for me please!" i shouted down to her, i started taking my clothes off to go in the shower "ly i'm going to- shit sorry, uh i'm going to go over to mine and get ready" i snorted at his reaction simply to my bare back "it's ok ash, when have i to be ready for?" he checked my phone before passing it to me "its 5 o'clock now so if you're ready by half 6 we should be ok, 7:45 at the latest" i took the phone off him and gave him a smile "ok i'll see you then" "see you soon petal"

"lyla i hung up your dress, when are you two leaving?" mum popped her head into the bathroom as i was doing my makeup "thank you mum, ash said half 6 so i should be done my hair n makeup by 6" she stood behind me watching me do my makeup "why are you looking at me like that?" she shrugged "like what?" "you're smiling at me with that look" i turned to look her in the eyes "you like him" i dropped the makeup brush i was holding "nuh uh thats not, ok maybe BUT YOU CANNOT GOSSIP TO ANNE" she put her hands up "i won't i won't, has he made any moves?" i rolled my eyes at how involved my mum was with this "aside from the necklace, brunch date, flowers, calling me 'petal' and a dinner date, no no moves at all" he's not even here and i'm getting butterflies just thinking about him. "well, if anything happens i expect updates. i haven't had any boy drama since i was in year 11!" i shooed her out of the bathroom so i could finish my makeup.

i wouldn't admit it to anyone but i want ashton to only look at me. i find myself staring at him often, he's just so pretty i can't help myself. i don't think he hates me but there is a slight doubt in my mind that he doesn't like me the same way i like him. we've been raised so closely people in school constantly think we're related. i'm just worried if i were to make a move he'd get weirded out, what if he sees me like a sister?

ASHTON

"she's a keeper ashton" mum started her spiel the second i walked through the door "mum" "ashton listen to me when i tell you this, that girl has a whole heart just for you. she cares so incredibly deeply, one conversation and you can see that. never in my life have i seen a girl so overjoyed about flowers. she loves you so much. dont fuck this up ashton" she left me alone in my room. i sat there, staring at the wall in silence. 'don't fuck this up ashton' i'll try my best mum. "ashy?" lauren wandered into my room "whats up mate?" she showed me her bunny teddy "oh who's this loz?" her giggle radiated as i lifted her onto my bed "mr bunny ashy duh" i shook mr bunny's hand "of course how could i be so silly" she rambled on about all of her toys but i couldn't get mums words out of my head 'she has a whole heart for you' never before have i felt this way toward anyone, i looked down at my wrist at the leather braided bracelet she'd made for me for my birthday the "AFI" charms were looking slightly dark because i've worn it so much. i should've made her something personally. i got up and took myself into the bathroom, turning the shower on to warm up.

i couldn't get her face out of my head. her smile. the one she gave me when i accidentally walked into the bathroom. the one she gave me when i gave her the necklace. the one she gave her mum when she gave her the dress. the smile she flashes everytime we're in music together and mr allen pairs us together. the smile she gives me when she walks past my physics class as she's on her way to chemistry. the laugh she lets out when i make a shit joke. the way she laughs when shes nervous. the way she looks at me. her eyes. her gorgeous brown eyes.

"mum i think i'm in love" i've never seen her turn around quicker, she looks at me to go on "i can't stop thinking about lyla. her voice, her laugh, her smile, her eyes, everything about her. i can't get her out of my head. like ever." she smiled at me "young love, what a thing. go get dressed darling, i'll come with you to get lyla" i headed upstairs and grabbed my phone to call lyla "hi ly, i'm about to get dressed so i'll be at yours in about 20 minutes is that ok?" she hummed "should work, i think mum can take us to the restaurant" i gave her an ok as i pulled my suit trousers, i was going for a smart casual look tonight. smart trousers and a white shirt, give lyla plenty of space to shine. "mkay well i need to go get dressed irwin, i'll see you soon. bye, love you" "mhm love you too" she hung up and i continued to get dressed.

LYNN

lyla would infact kill me if she heard anne and i's conversations but i cant help myself!

anne ring me when you can i have news xx

"fill me in, i have news too" her call came through almost immediately "lyla likes ashton, she told me earlier" i lowly spoke into the phone, giggling like a teen "well let me one up you, ashton thinks hes in love with her" i gasped, taking a sip of my coffee and urging her to continue "says he cant stop thinking about her, lynn i've never seen him like this" i aww'd "ugh they're growing up, it makes me so sad. soon they'll be running off without us" she agreed just as i heard lyla coming downstairs "i'll have to let you go anne, see you later darling" "ah ok bye love you!"

"well don't you look beautiful" i couldn't stop myself from getting choked up "stop crying mum. i look the way i do every other day i just have a dress on this time" she walked over to the window to look for ashton "think ashton will like the dress mum?" i snorted "what?" "no no nothing nothing, i think he'll love it hun" her brows furrowed "no why were you laughing? mum we already discussed that i like him why are you making this a whole thing?" because i love the gossip darling "because i like seeing you happy hun. it makes me proud" she smiled, looking back out the window her breath then hitching "i look okay?" i gave her the thumbs up, watching her walk over to the front door.

ASHTON

"lyla, wow you look beautiful" i hugged her as i stepped into the house "okay kiddos! shall we get a move on?" her mum came out of the kitchen, car keys in hand. i looked to my watch and nodded, stepping back out of the house and toward the car "you look lovely lyla, i'll see you later ashton" mum took the kids and went into the kieran's house. i opened the car door for lyla and closed it before telling her mum where we were going.

"thanks for dropping us off lynn" she smiled as we pulled up to the restaurant "its no problem ashton. you two have fun now, be safe and let me know if you want picked up again" the both of us got out the car and i took lyla's hand to walk up to the doors