Hermione laughed at Narcissa, shaking her head. "Thank you, and thank you for this..." Hermione spoke toughing the necklace. "It means more than you know."

The witches exchanged a smile before Narcissa clapped her hands and started towards the door. "Well I must get ready but I will see you girls in thirty minutes downstairs!"

After doing their final touches, the girls made their way downstairs thirty minutes later although the ball didn't start for another twenty minutes. Narcissa insisted on them being ready early so that everyone was well prepared.

Just as they reached the bottom on the staircase, Hermione heard Draco through their bond. "Love, you almost ready? There's a few people here already I'd like you to meet."

The anticipation started to set in as she started towards the ballroom, not really having a clue what tonight would entail. "I walking to the ballroom from the staircase now."

As she turned the corner to the hallway, she saw Draco fixing his cufflink at the door to the ballroom. "Well don't you look handsome, D." she called out as she made her way over.

"Bloody Hell baby..." Draco said as he put his hand to his chest, pretending his knees went weak. Hermione chuckled before grabbing his lapels to bring him into her. Luckily her heels gave her a few more inches, making it quite easy for her to his face down to hers for a snog.

Draco pulled away after a few moments, "You are absolutely beautiful, Hermione." Hermione muttered a small thank you that was quickly swallowed by Draco's lips on her own.

"Get a room you two!" Ginny called out as they all snicker at the two. "Oh good! People are arriving, let's go kids." Narcissa calls as she ushers them all into the ballroom.

"You ready?" Draco asks as Hermione nods.

"Who was it you wanted me to meet?" Hermione questioned before Draco placed his hand on her back and walked her over to where guests were entering. "My aunt Andromeda came early with Teddy. I figured you'd want to meet them. I know you and Harry were close with Lupin and Tonks."

Hermione looked at Draco before back at Andromeda holding one year old Teddy Lupin. While Harry took Lupin and Tonks death harder than anyone else, she had become close with all of the members of the order. Gods, did Teddy look just his mom.

"Aunt Andromeda, this is my girlfriend Hermione. She was part of the Order. " Draco introduces before turning to Hermione. "Mione, this is my aunt Andromeda and I'm sure you know Teddy."

Hermione extending a hand to Andromeda as the witch shook her hand lightly, Teddy pulling at her hair. "It's lovely to meet you. I hear you'll be joining our small family tree."

"I will!" Hermione chuckled looking at Draco before turning back to Teddy. "Merlin, he still looks so much like Tonks. I haven't seen him since he was born." Hermione said, reminiscing back on one of her last memories of Lupin and Tonks alive.

Draco, seeing her memories through their bond, wrapped a protective arm around her waist. "Would you like to hold him?" Andromeda asked. "He's rather heavy now but oh my gods he refuses to be put down." she laughed.

Hermione's smile went ear to ear. "I would love to..." she spoke as the baby was put from one witches arms to the other. Hermione placed him on her hip as he put his fingers against her face touching her nose.

"Hello Mr. Teddy. I haven't seen you in so long." Hermione spoke to the baby as he babbled back. Draco's heart swelled watching Hermione talk to Teddy about how he looked like his parents, and laugh with him when he pulled her nose.

Andromeda wiped a tear away as Harry came up behind Hermione. "Tell me that isn't my godson."

"Look who it is Teddy, it's Harry." Hermione said to Teddy. "Can you wave hi to Harry?" Sure enough Teddy waved his little hand at Harry as they all laughed.

"I'm not sure we've met before, I'm Harry Potter and this is my girlfriend Ginny Weasley." Harry introduced himself to Andromeda as she shook their hands.

"It's a pleasure." She smiled. "I must apologize though. I should have reached out after the war when I found the note saying you were his godfather. To be quite honest, I've been scared to take him out anywhere much less meet people."

Harry played with his small spiked hair, "Please don't apologize, I completely understand. " he smiled. "Do you mind if I hold him?"

"Not at all," Andromeda answered as Hermione handed him over, catching a glance at her parents walking in.

Draco noticed where she was looking and turned to see what she saw. Once he saw Jean and Dan, he grabbed her hand and excused them from the conversation to go greet them.

Hermione went to her father first, hugging him hello as Draco hugged Jean. "I am so glad you both were able to make it." Hermione said.

"We wouldn't miss it for the world." Jean spoke as Narcissa came over. "Are these the lovely Grangers?"

Hermione smiled, "Narcissa this is my mum, Jean, and my dad, Dan. Mum, dad, this is Narcissa Malfoy. "

Jean brought Narcissa in for a hug while Dan settled on a handshake. "It is lovely to meet you!"

"I am so glad to meet you as well, considering these two will be getting married before we know it." Narcissa smiled as Draco rolled his eyes at his mothers exaggeration. "Please come with me, we can get a drink and chat."

While the parents walked away that left Hermione and Draco to greet the incoming guests over the next twenty minutes. Hermione met loads of people, she was sure she wouldn't remember half their names tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eventually the room filled up and the band played some slow music to get couples onto the dance floor.

"Come dance with me." Draco spoke, grabbing Hermione's waist to lead her to the dance floor. Hermione placed her drink on a nearby table as her friends followed them to the dance floor for a slow dance.

"This ball thing is quite fun." Hermione smiled at Draco as he gave her a small spin. "I'm glad you are having a good time love."

Draco looked at her dress again with the emeralds matching it so perfectly. "Gods Hermione, you really do look fucking sensational." Hermione's cheeks turned light pink as she put her arm around his bicep.

"Thank you baby. " she smiled before leaning up to his ear, feeling his hand tracing her lower back far too close to her arse. "Do we have time to sneak away upstairs?'

Draco let out a hearty laugh as he pulled her closer into his body, leaning down to whisper in her ear. "Naughty, naughty girl. Asking the host to step away from his own ball to satisfy her needs?" he asked as her face went bright red and she started to throb thinking of sneaking off.

"The speeches are about to start any minute. But after that, I can find time to give you what you need." Draco whispered placing a small kiss underneath her ear. "Promise?" she asked as Narcissa came over, handing a glass of champagne to them all.

"Promise." he spoke before Narcissa pulled the three boys away, leaving Pansy, Hermione, Ginny along with Luna and Cho in the front of the mass crowd in front of the stage.

Standing next to the stage, Narcissa looked between Harry, Blaise, and Draco. "Are you ready?" she smiled.

"I am"

_______________________________________________________

I know it's been far too long please don't kill me!!

Love & kisses besties

xox mia