Chapter 4: Jealousy

˗ˏˋ Schaltt's POV 'ˎ˗

For the past two weeks and the determination to do better in the games than we did on the first game, We all took practice a lot more seriously, and have been climbing up in the ranks, making up for the big loss. Everyone was a bit scared for this game though, because of how the first one turned out. During the season, we each play the same opposing team 4-5 times before we move into the playoffs, only if we are higher up in the rank.

Me and Charlie once again sit beside each other as we do some stretches, watching Wilbur from afar and in a not so weird and obvious way. I groan, a bit of fear chilling up my spine as I see Wilbur get almost ever shot past Punz. I look back at Charlie, who was reading some of the signs around the rink that fans make and hold up.

"Do you think that we will win this game, Charlie?" I mumble, reaching for my stick and stretching with that, going down as far as I can, closing my eyes and groaning quietly. I look back up at Wilbur who was going around, picking up pucks and throwing them over the Boards for some little kids, with his casually loving and cheeky smile. I mumble to myself, looking back down.

"It's hard to say for sure, Schlatt." Charlie mumbles getting up and skating over to the net. Some of my team players where getting in a line to practice their slap shots, and I groan, getting up and doing the same. I notice that Wilbur's team wasn't doing the practice with shooting, and I chuckle to myself, thinking we may have an advantage over them.

"Oh we'll win.."

˗ˏˋTime skip -> 6:30 (after pregame) 'ˎ˗

I stand positioned on the corner of the chaotic circle surrounding the red dot. Wilbur smiles up at me again, and in response I look down, like a little kid having a crush on a girl. I groan at this response, leaning down further watching the puck with eyes of a hawk. I could tell Charlie was doing the same. The second Wilbur threw down his stick, Charlie followed, the game immediately starting as the puck was dropped.

˗ˏˋ 3rd person POV 'ˎ˗

In a game that was marked by its intense violence and adrenaline, the Bruins and the Wild battled it out on the ice, but a special and unseen 'fight' between Wilbur and Schlatt. Wilbur hadn't an idea of this, but Schlatt was more determined to put Wilbur in his place than to win the game. Schlatt looked up at the Scoreboard. The score was tied 3-3 in the third period, and tensions were running high.

Wilbur had been a force to be reckoned with all game, delivering bone-crushing hits and making key plays on offense. These shots where praised and loved by everyone, even the Wild fans where going wild over his shots and game plays. He was determined to lead his team to victory, no matter what it took.

As the clock ticked down, both teams ramped up the aggression, exchanging hard checks and trading blows in scrums along the boards. The crowd was on the edge of their seats, fully immersed in the action on the ice.

With just minutes left in the game, Wilbur took the puck and charged towards the net, fending off two defenders, including thwoing Schlatt of the course of his skating. This causes Schlatt to fall over and trip the other Defense, giving Wilbur a clear shot, and with his size and strength he took a shot and scored, sending the crowd into a frenzy and giving his team a 4-3 lead.

But the game was far from over. Schlatt's team responded with a furious attack, firing shot after shot at Punz. But he stood tall, making incredible saves to preserve the lead.. The final minutes of the game were chaotic, with both teams scrambling to gain the upper hand. The physicality reached a fever pitch, as players from both sides exchanged words and shoves.

With just seconds left on the clock, Schlatt took one final shot at the net. The puck sailed towards the top corner, but Wilbur's goalie made a miraculous save, snatching the puck out of the air and sealing the victory for Wilbur's team. The crowd erupted in cheers as Wilbur and his teammates celebrated on the ice, adrenaline coursing through their veins. It had been a violent and action-filled game, but in the end, Wilbur and his team had emerged victorious, thanks to their grit and determination.

Schlatt watched from afar again, seeing Wilbur run up to Punz, hugging him hard enough to knock the two down onto the ice, praising and love filling that side of the ice. Shclatt watched taking a deep breath, Charlie skating slowly up to the staring Schlatt, placing a hand on his shoulder, realizing what he was looking at.

Jealousy.

˗ˏˋ Schaltt's POV 'ˎ˗

I stood still, glancing at Wilbur and Punz on the ice. I was devastated that we have lost against the Burins for the second time, but I had this weird feeling in my stomach from Wilbur reacting the way he was. Wilbur was hugging Punz tightly, laying and cuzzling up against the ice. It makes my stomach feel weird. Some describe this feeling as Jealousy, but I have nothing to be jealous about.

I feel a hand on my stomach but I don't break the gaze for a while longer, until finally I break down on the ice, throwing my stick down. "JESUS CHRIST ARE WE EVER GOING TO BEAT THEM."

Charlie looks down at me and pulls me into a hug, letting my head rest into his neck. Some of the Burins players heard my outcry and gave me a harsh glare in return. I close my eyes, as Charlie mumbles things into my ear. "Dont worry man. We did so much better this game than the first one."

"But it wasn't good enough." I mumble out pulling away from the hug, pushing Charlie off and into the boards. "I dont think we will be able to this season. They changed for the better. We havent changed Jack shit."

Charlie nods from me shoving him off, and gives a small apology before he skates off going to the benches to grab some of his things before heading into the Locker room. We where still very high up in the scores and we wernt going to lose our place for losing in this game. After all, Wilbur's team was doing the best in the season, how would they be able to climb up. I reach down for my stick before I see some familiar breezers and skates. I glare up to meet my gaze with Wilbur, letting out a low swear.

"Fucking hell.."

I feel the familiar hold wrap around me, but this time I don't fight it back. despite how cold it was, I needed the hug, even if it was the opposing side, it didnt matter to me, even though it should have. Some of my members rush over plying Wilbur off of me, even when I try to stop them, shoving Wilbur off, starting a small commotion on the ice, as Wilbur flees to his locker room.

I've only had two games with Wilbur, and for some reason I was expecting affection from Wilbur... but what the fuck was going on with him and Punz? Was it just a Celly? Was it more?

˗ˏˋ Wilbur's POV 'ˎ˗

I skate off of the ice, feeling the warmth re-hit my body, and for some reason it makes me overheat. I don't enjoy this, whatsoever. I see Punz walk up to me and hug me tightly, praising my acts in tonight's game. I smile softly, hugging Punz back but it was soft, and not as tight as him. "You had played great in tonight's game you know."

"Thanks man.. that means alot.." I mumble setting my stick beside my bag, sitting down on the Bench.

"Jeez what's up with you? Why are you so connected to this place?" Punz asks standing in front of me. I look up at him confused. I know he's right, and I'm starting to believe that it had something to do with Schlatt and his team. There was something exhilarating and exciting about being around him.. them? I just shook my head and shrugged my shoulders. It did hurt to leave this place more than usual.

I was starting to remove my gear, before I feel a cold hand over my chin. Because I was overheating and sweaty, it felt nice. I easily comply not sure what it was or who it was, I only had a second to comprehend that Punz was still in front of me, before he moved in and locked his lips with my own.