"You don't want him here?" Kassian asked quietly "You didn't like the surprise?" 

 "Of course I want him here" My eyes snapped to his "But from what the council was implying, anything from my old life was considered a distraction. Why would they let me keep my dog if they wouldn't even let me stay in contact with my family?" 

"The council doesn't know he's here" Kassian said, "And if it's alright with you, we'd like to keep it that way considering pets are officially off limits at Crescent Academy. Apparently there's enough wild animals running around as it is." 

While he tried to play it off as no big deal, and make light of the situation, I saw through his thinly veiled facade. 

"Whose idea was this?" I asked, having a sneaking suspicion of already knowing the answer "If it wasn't the Penta's, whose idea was it to bring my dog here?" 

He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. 

"You" I blinked, confirming my thoughts "It was your idea... But... why?" 

He shrugged "You looked like you could use a friend." 

With those final words, he disappeared into the hall and headed towards his room.  

Leaving me to dissect not only his words but one of the most thoughtful gestures anyone has ever given to me. 

"Come on bud" I whispered "It's time for bed." 

~~~~~~~

"Uh..." The moment I stepped into my closest, I was immediately assaulted by an overwhelming amount of clothes. 

What held a few items of clothing yesterday, mainly two uniforms and a couple sets of jeans, t-shirts, and satin pjs, now was filled with different styles of clothes, ranging from designer to generic brands and then some. 

Don't even get me started on the shoes...from heels to a rainbow assortment of Docs, it seemed like whoever bought me these outfits had also taken into account the matching footwear. 

My mouth gaped open when I also saw the brand new uniforms, these ones looking more luxurious and form fitting than the last ones. 

My finger grazed over the small golden pin on the collar of my blazer, five little paw prints arranged into what looked a Pentagonal shape. 

Before I even had time to question what that meant, the alarm on my phone rang. 

My eyes widened when I realized I only had ten minutes to get dressed and move my ass out the door. 

Dammit...looks like I'll be skipping breakfast. 

Again...