John constantines reluctant dadhood. 3

Start from the beginning

"Kid-" John's voice cracks in horrific surprise.

"It's not that bad."

Constantine holds up his hands placatantly. "Okay okay. This aint even the conversation we ought ta be havin rigth now. So I'm just gonna ask. How in the bloody hell did you ressurect since las-"

Danny frantically clamps a hand on John's mouth. His panicked reaction leaves no opening to lie his way out. Not that he sees much of a chance in that working. The Brit is a lot more observant than the adults he's used to dealing with. Or it's magic. He sure doesn't know.

"Shhs shhs shh. My parents don't know!" Danny wispers in a panic.

"Danny-" A muffled call behind his hand.

"Please you can't tell them. They can't know. Please Connie. Please." The halfa begs with big, watery, scared eyes.

John taps the hand to be let go.

"I won't spill lad."

Danny sighs in relief.

"But I need to know what in the bloody hell is goin on."

The teen nods reluctantly. "A-alright, but not here."
Danny rases his voice to shout "Mom, dad! I'm taking mister Constantine on a tour around town!"

"Okay sweety!"

"Make sure you hit all the best spectral hotspots son!"

"Will do!" Danny practically drags Constantine out of the house.

~

They walk in silence for a few minutes, Danny obviously having a destination in mind. The pair turn into a park and Danny leads them to a set of swings. They both take a swing.

"Quite the pair, your folks are."

"You have no idea."

"Kid yer not safe with these people. They're abusing ya."

"I can't Connie. They're my parents."

"They're scum and will end up killing ya. "

The half ghost lets out a laugh that's more a scoff, or maybe even a sob. "Bit late for that."

Constantine accedently crushes his cigarette between his fingers. "I'm serious."

"So am I." The half ghost cringes at the words that slipped out, hiking up his shoulders and knees to hide himself. He didn't realy mean that.

"Oh bloody... Bloody hell kid.."

"I-I didn't mean- It wasn't realy their fault. It was just a stupid accident and more my own stupidity that- I'm the one that messed with something I knew I wasn't supposed to and I already knew their inventions are chaotically build at best, OSHA violations at medium and-"

"I'm gonna kill them."

"Wha- You can't!"

"The fuck I can't! I'm gonna discredit all their so called research. I'm gonna drag their names through the mud. They won't be able to show their faces in any supernatural community ever again and then I'm gonna wring their bloody necks!"

"You can't do any of that!"

"Why the hell not? Give me one bloody good reason."

"Well for one I realy don't want to deal with their ghosts. And for two i think they.. might be part of my Obsession?" Danny wrings his hands into the steel links of the swing nervously.

"oh..oh i am so sorry." That knocked the wind out of his sails real quick. Obsessions are sacret to Realms fiends. You don't mess with them. But having an obsession with living people? That's rough, and can get real messy real quickly.