24

River stood staring at the hill in front of her with a big frown on her face. She held the sled in her hand and was staring at Charlie who looked back at her with a shit-eating grin, "What the fuck is this?"

"The next competition!" Charlie said excitedly as she turned to Hayden and Jesse.

"How could you let this happen?"

"It was my idea," Hayden smiled, "I went last week with Graham and it was fun."

River looked down at the bottom of the hill and hated how she felt her cheeks redden from the cold. Her face turned stone cold as she looked down the large hill before turning to Ellie who was also looking down the hill.

"There's no skill to this. You just gotta hope you go fast enough?" River questioned.

"So it should be easy," Jesse piped up with a grin, "Come on now, Riv. The point of this is to have fun."

"Says the dude who can be so wound up I'm worried his balls are tied together," River muttered the reply as Jesse snorted.

"We both know you can do better than that, Riv."

"Bite me, J."

"Kinky," Dina snorted, earning a smirk from River.

"You're the one who used to hit that, D," River chuckled, "anyways, so all we have to do is beat each other down the hill?"

"Mhm. Just wait for us to count down from 5," Hayden confirmed with a smile as River nodded and walked to the edge of the hill next to Ellie. River glanced down at Ellie who sent her a nervous smile. The raven-haired girl just cleared her throat before looking at the hill and getting in position.

River waited for the duo to count down. She let out a deep breath before sliding onto the sled and racing down the hill. River didn't look at Ellie as she leaned her body forward and hoped it would increase her speed. But her ears deceived her when she turned to Ellie who was laughing at the speed.

River wasn't looking forward anymore as she looked over at the auburn-haired girl and felt her chest restrict.

The girl looked forward and widened her eyes when she saw a tree heading her way. Her body moved to the left to avoid the tree and she let out a loud laugh. When she got to the bottom of the hill, River rolled onto her back and started to laugh loudly with no idea why.

"Holy shit! Are you okay?" Ellie asked once she made it to River who was laughing on the ground, "Why the fuck are you laughing? You could've fucking died, Riv!"

"Imagine if," River snorted, "all the shit I've been through and I could've died from sledding... that'd be sad."

"You're-you're laughing?" Ellie stared at the girl with a confused frown as River smiled up at her.

"I did just win, Williams."

"Right," Ellie muttered. She looked down at the girl, clearing her throat before offering River a hand and helped her stand back up. Once River was on her feet, the two kept their hands interlocked as River smirked down at the girl.

"I already have my question," River told the girl, "want to meet up tonight?"

"Oh, uh, sure," Ellie nodded nervously as River sent the girl a smile, dropping her hand and turning to the group who was running down the hill to meet up with the girls.

"Jesus, Riv! You almost crashed into that fucking tree!" Charlie laughed as River rolled her eyes at him.

"Glad to see you care."

"Well, you didn't die or get hurt," Charlie shrugged, making River snicker as she looked over at the others.

"Well, Ellie won one and River has one win too," Dina smiled at the two, "I say we change the rules a little."