Buffy swallows hard. A million thoughts run through her head. Her own worst nightmare realized, a slayer turned vampire and the possibility that she had the same fate.

"Is there a way to turn her back?" Buffy asks.

The Assassin's eyes meet hers.

"I was hoping we could find out together." He says.

"And is that what the council wants?" Buffy asks.

The Assassin doesn't give a response, his eyes say it all. The Assassin turns away and makes ready to leave.

"Wait, how will I find you again?" She asks.

"I'll find you." The Assassin says as he jumps from the rooftop and parkours into the night.

—-

Buffy climbs down from the rooftop and runs to catch up with her friends.

Giles, Willow, Xander frantically search for Buffy, keeping their eyes up at the rooftops.
"Buffy! Buffy!"

"I'm here." Buffy says as she comes up behind Xander.

"Not now Buffy we're looking for Buffy." Xander says.

"Buffy!" Willow shouts.

Xander turns back around realizing he just saw Buffy.

"Buffy? Buffy!"

Xander hugs her. Giles and Willow join the group hug.

"Are you all right?" Giles asks.

"What happened?" Willow asks.

"Did mysterious dude turn out to be a double agent for the creatures of the night?" Xander inquires.

The gang begins walking and talking. The night has becomes gentle.

"Giles, he said you would know who he is. He is part of the order of Assassins." Buffy says. "The council sent him here."

"Assassins?" Willow asks?

"The council of watchers? I thought we stopped dealing with them." Xander says.

"Yes. Well. We have." Giles says silencing them. "Yes." Giles rubs his chin then starts to lecture. "The Assassins first began as the Knights Templar. A band of noble catholic knights which were meant to protect pilgrims on the road to the holy land. When the crusades were over the knights became relatively monotonous. Until one day one of the knights spotted a demon and struck him down."

"Woah." Xander says in awe.

"And so the knights had a new cause they were to defend the world against the demonic forces around them. Though when they told the king of what happened he had them all tortured and arrested as idol worshipers, heretics and so on." Giles says nonchalantly.

"And so on?" Willow asks.

"Of course it was later found out that King Philip IV was actually a vampire himself." Giles laughs at the irony.