Baby potato🍼

Little: Shota

Caregivers: P1Harmony

No one's POV.:

Shota had secretly been a little for a while already and although he had the reputation of being the weird kid, he had no desire to tell his group for the fear they would think less of him. He already felt like the odd one out, so rather not alienate himself further. What the members didn't know was that he had actually been little in their presence a handful of times already but had always managed to play it off well. Since he sometimes stopped communicating verbally, it was easy for his little-self to just go even quieter than usual and maybe a tiny bit clingier towards Keeho. The boy loved how his hyung played along with all of his shenanigans and remained patient despite the growing frustration over not understanding what he wanted. If Shota ever fantasized about having a caregiver, he'd most definitely wish for someone like Keeho but that was all it ever was, a fantasy.

The group had just completed their most recent comeback and although Shota was physically exhausted from not getting close to enough sleep and dancing like there was no tomorrow, the mental exhaustion hit much harder. He was no stranger to the occasional bouts of homesickness but for some reason, it was so much worse this time. This time, Shota felt like he couldn't breathe, like he was lost in a world he didn't know and didn't belong in. A world so big for someone so small. That realization made him feel so incredibly tiny, he barely even noticed how he slipped into his headspace as he lay awake completely overwhelmed.

Jongseob woke up to quiet, heartbroken sobs and worriedly got out of bed. Remembering that Shota had been really quiet the evening before, the maknae was convinced something had been wrong with his friend all day and now that everyone was asleep, the other didn't need to hold it together anymore. Jongseob slowly made his way over in the dark and laid down alongside Shota, hugging the older tight. Sometimes words weren't all that necessary because the two understood each other on a different level.

A sad smile tugged at Jongseob's lips when Shota rolled over and buried his face in his chest. Running his fingers through the other's hair, the maknae whispered: "Do you want to talk about it? We could go to the living room and have some twin-time." The little gave sad sniffle. Those were too many Korean words at once. He didn't know what Jongseob wanted from him, so he only cuddled closer, clutching the other's t-shirt to keep him from pulling away. Realizing that it apparently wasn't the right time for words, the maknae held Shota closer and promised: "I'm here."

At some point, both of them must've fallen asleep again because when Jongseob woke up, he found Shota curled up with his thumb between his lips. There were dried tear tracks on his cheeks and his eyelids were swollen but for now he seemed peaceful. Why was he suckling on his thumb though? As far as Jongseob was concerned, Shota had never done that before, so what had happened the previous night?

"Good morning", Taeyang yawed when he realized the maknae was awake too. Jongseob smiled at the oldest, whispering: "Shota's still asleep, so I can't really get up." Cooing, Taeyang got out of bed and finally got a look at the sleeping boy's face. "Cute", he chuckled, "Didn't know he sucked his thumb though." – "Yeah, first time I noticed it too", Jongseob hummed, petting Shota's hair, "He was really upset last night. We cuddled because I woke up to him crying. I don't know why though because he wouldn't talk to me and when I woke up, he was like this, so I don't know if it has something to do with that." Frowning, Taeyang took in the puffy face and whispered: "Maybe he's exhausted from the comeback, so it's a good thing we have some time off to just rest and recuperate."

While the oldest got up, Jongseob didn't really want to leave Shota alone, so he decided to stay for more cuddles while the other slept in. Hopefully he'd feel a little better when he woke up. Little did the maknae know that although Shota felt better, he still felt just as small as he had felt the previous night.