Coughing fit🌡️

Sickie: Keeho

Caregivers: P1Harmony

No one's POV.:

Keeho had been dealing with a runny nose for almost two weeks at this point, so none of the members were surprised when he went right back to sleep in the car as they headed to an extremely early schedule. He hadn't gotten nearly enough sleep the previous night and neither had Intak nor Jiung. While the leader's cold had mainly affected his head and nose in the beginning, it seemed to have travelled down to his chest the past two days and although Keeho really tried to be quiet, always turning his face into his pillow to muffle his cough, his roommates witnessed most of it. "Is he okay?", Taeyang whispered, nodding towards their leader. Rubbing his face, Jiung yawned: "He's been coughing at lot last night. I'm surprised you didn't hear him, the walls aren't that thick." – "I mean, compared to last week his condition is declining for sure", Intak added quietly. Shaking his head in disappointment, the oldest sighed: "Not really surprising. He doesn't get nearly enough rest."

They were lucky to have a rather long drive to the interview they were attending, so Keeho managed to nap for almost an hour with Shota slumped into his side. Both Intak and Jiung also closed their eyes for the bigger part of the drive, catching up on the sleep they had lost the previous night. "Woah, didn't think I'd actually sleep", Keeho yawned, trying to sit up straight before realizing his dongsaeng was cuddled up to him, "How much longer till we get there?" – "Fifteen to twenty minutes maybe", Taeyang hummed, giving the leader a sympathetic smile. It was obvious that the nap hadn't helped him feel better in the slightest. The car was quiet with some of them at least dozing, so it was easy to hear the crackle of congestion as Keeho drew in a deep breath before carefully clearing his throat. It really itched but he didn't dare cough while Shota slept against his side. The younger should get as much sleep as he could before the interview.

As soon as they got out of the car, Keeho turned his face against his shoulder, giving a chesty cough. He couldn't help but wince at the pain in his throat and it were days like this that he wasn't all too happy about his position in the group. Without having really tried out his voice that morning, the leader could already tell it would come out scratchy at best with how much he had been coughing the previous night and he wasn't really looking forward to doing most of the talking for the group. He had taken a generous dose of cold medicine before they had left for the day, which was probably the only reason he had managed to sleep in the car. A tired smile spread on his lips as Shota bumped their shoulders, quietly imitating a Minecraft noise, the younger simply knew how to cheer him up.

Keeho kept his eyes closed as he got his makeup done, the bright lights in the dressing room aggravating his headache. "Hyung, we're going to get coffee, do you want us to get you a caramel macchiato? Maybe the caffeine will help you get through the interview", Jiung asked after lightly tapping the leader's shoulder. For some reason him and Intak were long since ready, while Keeho still had his face dabbed at. Squinting up at the younger, Keeho sniffled: "Really not in the mood for coffee but some milk tea would be awesome." – "On it", Jiung smiled, putting on his coat before heading out with Intak. The pair really needed their caffeine fix after the night they had had. "Why are they already done?", Keeho muttered hoarsely, frustrated because his face was itchy, nose runny and he really didn't feel like having his skin be messed with. Biting his lip, Taeyang hummed: "I don't think you want to hear this but I'm pretty sure there won't be any concealer left after your eyebags are covered. They simply look less dead than you." He himself only needed his hair fixed at this point and cracked up at the look Keeho shot him. They both knew he wasn't wrong though.

Gratefully accepting his milk tea, Keeho took a sip and relaxed. It did soothe his throat, so he hoped it'd help his voice too. Shota was growing a little fidgety next to him, so he shot the younger a smile as he rehearsed his interview replies in his head. Keeho was impressed he even remembered them with the ever-growing headache but to be fair, this was far from his first interview, he knew what he was doing. As they went on stage, he had to suppress a wince as the light made his eyes water and for a moment he forgot everything he had just been rehearsing. Luckily, the interviewer guided them through the conversation well and after some comments about his voice sounding weird, they moved on from the topic of his health. About half-way through the interview, Keeho started to sweat. Has it always been this hot underneath the spotlights? His breathing started to pick up and he lightly fanned his face when he noticed the camera zooming in on one of the other members. Taeyang lightly touched his shoulder, wordlessly asking him if he was okay. Forcing a smile, the leader sat up a little straighter and somehow got through the last few questions of the interview well before heaving a sigh of relief when the cameras were turned off.