epilogue

2030

Ariella's pov

"Look it's dadda." I point George out to our three year old child. The father in question currently climbing out of his car, which is parked in front of the p1 spot.

Before we had Adelaide, I was able to collect three drivers championships. George is currently working towards his third. Mick replaced me when I left, and became world champion last year.

George is congratulated by the team before coming over to us. "Hey Dellie!" He coos at her, taking her from my arms as he does. I roll my eyes jokingly at the nickname. I hate it which is why he loves to use it.

"Congrats G." I admire how he looks right now, completely glowing from another win. It makes him look like he's from another world.

He leaves a quick peck on my lips, knowing PDA is something I'm still not fond of. He walks off with our child towards his post race interview. I try and call him back to stop him from doing so, but it's no use.

He knows it's not professional to do an interview with your child on your hip, but he shows no signs of caring, just wanting to be with his child.

Adela behaves throughout the interview, her arms around him with her head snuggled into his neck. She doesn't make a fuss at all, staying quiet through the full interview.

He gives her back to me when he's done. Kissing her head then mine before leaving for the podium celebration. Adelaide reaches for him as he walks off and almost falls out of my arms as she does so.

"Dadda." she palms at the air, reaching out for her father as she calls after him. He turns to make kissy faces at her, which she giggles very loudly at.

When he comes out to the top step of the podium, she points him out soundlessly. Her eyes are wide as she looks up at him in total awe.

He waves to us, making her giggle again while she claps her hands together with all her might as him, Charles, and Mick all spray each other with champagne.

However, her seeing them drink out of the bottles makes her start a fuss. "Juice." She whines, and in fear of her making a big scene I rush off toward George's driver room where I have a few juice boxes stored in a bag.

After I've got her situated on the couch, George comes into the room. "There you two are. I blinked and the both of you were gone, thought you'd run off with another man." I roll my eyes at his poor excuse of a joke.

"You know I would never." I stand from the small sofa, wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him deeply. Adelaide is too deeply immersed in her juice to make disgusted sounds at the sight, like she usually would.

"I love you." He whispers with a smile across his lips, his hands still linger around my waist as mine stay planted about his neck.

The slurping of a juice box pulls our gazes away from each other, now facing our child who's sucking the life out of the carton, the cardboard shriveling up. "Mummy I'm done with this one." She holds the carton up to me, anticipating for me to take it.

I do, tucking the trash into a pocket of the back to throw away later. She whines when I don't return with another. "What is it Addy?" I kneel down in front of her. I want her to learn how to ask for what she wants instead of being handed it.