12. the band is back

Australia
Friday

Ariella's pov

I haven't been able to stop thinking about that unfamiliar feeling I felt just three days ago. Constantly puzzling over the strange sensation, trying to unlock the answer as to what the mystery emotions exactly were.

"Something the matter?" A voice I recognize all too well snaps me out of my thoughts. The Australian accent that accompanies the voice never fails to make me feel at home.

I turn to the source. "Oh my god, Ashton!" I shout in excitement at the sight of my older brother, jumping up to wrap my arms around his neck. He returns the gesture by wrapping his own arms around my middle. Looking over his shoulder I catch sight of the three other guys he's never been seen without. I wave them over and the three of them join our hug.

We break apart and I look at the four of them. "What are you guys doing here I thought you were coming Sunday?" I shake my head at the group of boys, not understanding.

"We wanted to make it a surprise!" Ashton explains rather loudly and places one of his arms around my shoulder. "Spend the most time with you as we could, you know before you decide to run off again." Calum pokes my arm then wraps his around my other shoulder.

Then something hits me, "wait how did you guys even get in here? You need authorization." I look around at the four guys in search for an answer, but another voice provides it instead.

"I threatened security to get them in here." Parker manifests out of basically nowhere with a smug look on her face. I break from the boys around my shoulders and hug Parker instead. "Have I told you that I love you?" Parker pretends to think for a moment, humming as she does so, then answers with a, "nope." Shaking her head with a smile as she says the word. "Then I love you." I smile at her and hear one of the boys behind us pretend to throw up.

It was Michael.

I give him a well deserved middle finger. "You're just salty I didn't say it to you." I give him a taunting expression. He raises his right hand to show his wedding bands. "I'm married. I couldn't care less." He says wiggling his fingers and I roll my eyes playfully.

"Hello Ariella, and who are these guys?" Christian joins the circle we've formed. He looks at me with genuine curiosity. "That one is my older brother, Ashton." I point out Ashton. "And the other three are his band mates and my friends, Luke, Michael, and Calum." I point them out as I say their names. "And this is my boss and our team principal, Christian Horner." I introduce the four boys to the only person willing to give me a change at this. They exchange formalities before Christian goes off to do god knows what.

"Okay uh I have to go get ready for practice so you guys can stay and watch in the garage if you want. Just don't bother anyone because they're working and helping me." I look around the group, giving them a large smile and two thumbs up before running off to change and find James for warm ups.

"Finally, there you are!" A very impatient James shouts from his place on the couch, sitting up when he sees me enter.

"Oh quit your crying if anything I'm early. Now get out I need to change." I motion for the door. He throws his hands up in defense before  slipping out the door, closing it behind him.

-☆-

Free Practice 1 - p3

Free Practice 2- p2