Chapter Fifteen

About three weeks after she was locked in the compound as a version of house arrest, Eleanor officially met Spider-Man. She was fixing herself some lunch, as James ate his cut up hotdogs, when the boy had walked into the compound. It was a curly-haired boy with a pep in his step.

He hadn't been expecting to see Eleanor in the kitchen. The moment he seen her, he stopped like a deer in the headlights. His eyes went wide, and panic set on his face. Eleanor simply stared at him with a smirk on her face. She found this encounter to be funny, and she hoped that he would eventually, too.

"Uh, w-where is Mr. Stark?" He asked, and Eleanor could tell he was nervous.

"He's downstairs with Rhodey," She replied,"I'm surprised you missed him, unless you didn't use the front door." She commented, making his eyes go wide.

"N-no, I did!" He exclaimed, causing her to laugh.

"Chill out, Parker, I'm just messing with you." She replied, and he nervously laughed.

"Peter!" They heard, as Tony headed into the room,"Did you bring your suit?" He asked, crossing him arms as he turned to the boy.

"Suit?" Eleanor asked, causing Tony to roll his eyes.

"Really, Ellie?" Tony retorted,"Think about it." He commented, and she furrowed her eyebrows.

Peter stood there awkwardly, waiting to get a response out of Eleanor before he gave his own to Tony.

"Oh!" She exclaimed,"You're Spider-Boy!"

"Uh, it's actually Spider-Man." Peter said, as Tony laughed to himself.

"Right, sorry." Eleanor replied, giving a sheepish smile.

"You two kids hangout with James, and I'll go work on your suit," Tony told Peter,"and I'm working on those bugs you've given me, Ellie." He added, before he grabbed Peter's suit and walked away.

The two stood in the kitchen awkwardly for a moment, before Eleanor turned to Peter.

"You hungry?" She asked,"I made lunch." She commented, pointing to the hotdogs in the pot.

Peter accepted and fixed himself two. He then sat down next to Eleanor at the bar. He watched as Eleanor handed a sippy cup to the baby in the booster seat. He wondered who the baby was, and who he belonged to. He didn't remember Mr. Stark saying anything about about having a child.

"Uh, who's this?" He asked, trying not to sound like a creeper.

"Oh, this is James," Eleanor asked,"he's my handsome little boy." She added, and Peter looked at her wide eyed.

He was not expecting her to have a child. She was so young, and totally not the age that most people are when they had kids. Well, he wasn't going to shame her for it, but it definitely wasn't something he was use to.

"You wanna watch House with me?" Eleanor asked,"James normally falls asleep while watching it, so I watch it by myself most of the time." She said, causing Peter to smile.

"I love House. That show is amazing, and honestly, House is my favorite character on the show." He replied, and she nodded.

"Me too! Though Dr. Chase is very good looking, and his accent makes him much better." She commented, causing Peter to gag dramatically.

"No! Dr. Cameron is hot, and Dr. Chase is so boring. I can't believe he was a sell-out." Peter complained, making her laugh.

"Well, it could've been worse, he could've been a huge snitch like Dr. Foreman." She replied, and he nodded.

"Oh, did you ever realize that Dr. Foreman has the exact same name as the main character in That 70s Show? The guy in that show is Eric Forman, but the doctor has an e in his last name. That's the only difference." He commented, making her gasp.

"I didn't even realize that! That's crazy, but I think it's a pretty cool observation." She said, and he smiled.

Peter had a lot of fun talking to Eleanor that day. His best friends, Ned and MJ, weren't fans of House, so he really didn't get a chance to talk about it with them. He really wanted to have someone he could theorize with for the show. Eleanor knew quite a lot, and he really was surprised with her intelligence.

"Do you like Jurassic Park?" Eleanor asked, looking over at Peter.

"Oh my god! Yes!" He replied excitedly, and she grinned.

"You want to watch a marathon later?" She asked, making him nod.

"I'll be here a lot this summer, so I definitely want to have a marathon," Peter answered,"What about tomorrow?" He asked, and she nodded as well.

"You can bring some movies too if you want, and I'll make a list of all the shows and movies we should watch over the summer." She said, causing him to laugh excitedly.

Peter and Eleanor watched House for the rest of the day, and they had a lot of fun doing so. They tried to theorize their own diagnosis for each case, and the one that guessed the correct diagnosis based on House's final diagnosis would win a piece of candy. It was honestly a lot of fun, and they planned to do it again real so. They had quite a bit of stuff to watch over the summer though, so House wasn't the only thing they were watching.

After dinner, Peter went home, and Eleanor was back to being bored. When James wasn't awake, she had nothing to do. She cleaned and she did other random things that needed to be done, but when she didn't have anything else to do she became bored. She would watch TV for a while, or she would read, but most times she simply waited for James to wake up.

Eleanor hoped to see Peter again soon. He was her own slice of normal, since he made her feel normal and not like a prisoner. She just hoped that Tony wouldn't make him treat her differently. She truly liked Peter as a person, and she wanted to be his friend...