"What's happened Lottie"

"I'm pregnant" she blurted out. Polly's face dropped, placing down the paper. Lottie's hands began shaking.

"Sit down"

"I'm sorry, it wasn't supposed to happen i-"

"Stop, Lottie, i'm not angry, just a little shocked that's all" she reassured the girl. Lottie nodded slowly. "I'll make you some toast"

"How do you know?"

"I went to see a doctor"

"Are you keeping it" Polly asked. "I have too, gone too far to get rid" she whispered. "Does Isaiah know?"

"Is it even his?"

"Jesus christ Pol, i'm not a whore" she shook her head. "But no, nobody but you knows"

"Will the boys be angry at me?" she panicked. "I'll speak to them, unless you want to"

"I'll speak to them, but i want you there"

"That's fine, Lottie."

She began crying. "Polly i'm not even eighteen yet, i'm not ready to be a mother"

"Come on" she whispers placing the plate down. "You'll be okay, this is exactly how Ada felt when she was pregnant with Karl and look how she turned out"

Lottie nodded slowly.

"We will speak to your brothers later"

-

"Right are any of you armed" Polly asked as Tommy walked in, standing beside John and Arthur. Arthur placed his gun on the table, Tommy doing the same.

"What's up with her" he nodded toward the distraught girl. "That's what i've called you over for. She needs to tell you all something"

John sat straight.

"If any of you even raise your voice at her, i'll shoot you all"

Tommy licked his lips. Lottie looked at Polly for reassurance. "Go on" she nodded.

"I'm-" she stuttered, "i'm having a baby" she whispered.

John leaned forward. "Fucking what?"

"John" Polly scolded. "Well that's amazing Lottie" Arthur clapped, "who's is it"

"Isaiahs"

"Well" Tommy whispered. "You keeping it?"

"Have too" she nodded. "Can't get rid of it, too late"

The boys didn't say much, just thought , until Lottie returned upstairs, leaving them with Polly.

It went better than expected, but she thought they'd say more.

There was a light knock on her door, John popped his head round. "Yeah?" she asked, pulling he sheets to her chest.

"Can i sit?" he asked. She nodded. "I know me and the boys didn't say a lot but i'm here, i'm going to help you" he nodded.

"I know what it's like" he told her, "remember how young i was when Martha had the kids"

She smiled slightly.

"Does Isaiah know?"

She shook her head. "I'm scared to tell him"

"Isaiah's a good lad, he is, i believe he'll be there for you"

"I hope so"

"I didn't mean for it to happen, it was an accident" she stuttered. "Ey" he placed a hand on her knee. "No one is angry at you i promise"

"Promise?" she asked. He nodded. "No lies"

"I'm just so scared John" she whispered. He nodded. "I know"

"Arthur's well happy you know" he told her, "he can't wait"

Lottie looked back at him. "Really?"

"Yeah, and we all think you'll be a great mum. We see how you are with my kids, they're a pain in the arse but you are good with them."

"Let's hope your kid isn't as bad as mine, eh?"