8. My Fourth

The big castle stands tall and majestic, its grand architecture reflecting a rich history of royalty and opulence. The imposing stone walls, adorned with intricate carvings and elaborate details, stand as a testament to the skilled craftsmanship of the past. As Gemini and Fourth step inside, a massive entrance hall featuring a grand staircase leading to the upper floors greets them.

The interior is a blend of classic elegance and modern comfort. Lavish tapestries hang on the walls, depicting tales of heroic deeds and ancient legends. The high ceilings create a sense of openness and grandeur, while the large windows allow natural light to illuminate the rooms, casting a warm glow over the antique furnishings and plush carpets.

"Welcome back, Your Highness and...?" A butler greets them and looks at Fourth who is standing next to Gemini. "Uh. My best friend." Gemini answers and nods to the butler. "The King suddenly has an urgent business in the US. You may stay here until the king comes back." The butler nods.

"But we have classes? We can't miss even one credit, right Fourth?" Gemini turns to Fourth looking uncomfortable. "It's fine. A butler will serve you by taking you to the university and picking you up. Don't worry about the distance. You can always wake up early. Let's go. Let me show you your shared room." The butler leads them to their room.

The space is thoughtfully decorated with a blend of modern comforts and timeless elegance, perfectly reflecting their styles and tastes. The room features large windows that offer breathtaking views of the castle grounds and beyond, filling the space with natural light during the day. Heavy, rich curtains can be drawn in the evenings for added privacy, creating a cosy and secluded atmosphere.

A large, luxurious bed with soft, plush linens dominates the room's centre, inviting them to sink into its embrace and relax after a day of exploration and adventures. The bed is adorned with decorative throw pillows, adding a touch of personal flair and comfort.

"I'm sorry I couldn't give you separate rooms since we're not informed of the other party. You may rest now, Master Norawit." The Butler nods and takes his leave.

Gemini sat on the bed anxiously.  He's scared. He is scared of this new, unknown environment. A sudden wave of panic washed over him, leaving him breathless and overwhelmed. His heart raced, and he felt trapped by the intensity of his emotions. Amid this distress, he struggled to find words to explain what he was feeling.

His body tenses up, and he may tremble or shake uncontrollably. Sweat forms on his forehead, and his palms become clammy. The room suddenly feels too small, and he might find it difficult to breathe as if the walls are closing in on him. Thoughts race through his mind, often in a negative and catastrophic loop. He may fear that something terrible will happen or that he is in danger, even if there is no apparent threat around him. It becomes challenging for him to rationalize or calm himself down.

Sensing Gemini's distress, Fourth approached him with concern and tenderness. He gently placed a comforting hand on Gemini's shoulder, encouraging him to take deep breaths and assuring him that he was there, right by his side.

"It's okay," Fourth said, his voice soothing like a calming melody. "We're in this together, and you don't have to face it alone. I'm here for you, and we'll get through this, step by step."

As the panic attack reaches its peak, time may feel distorted, making seconds seem like minutes. He may feel trapped in his mind, struggling to find a way out of the suffocating feeling of panic. "Fourth...Fourth..." Gemini hugged his knees and covered his ears. "Fourth..." he keeps repeating it. This is not the first time Gemini has had a sudden panic attack.

"Shh...Shh...Gem. I'm here naa. I'm here with you Gem." Fourth kneels in front of Gemini and places his palm on Gemini's cheek. Fourth and Gemini is scared of the new place and what they will face in the future. "Fourth..." Gemini is still in his isolated mind.

But then Fourth decided to hug Gemini tightly. "I'm here. Your Fourth is here naa. I'm your Fourth and I'm here Gem. Shh...Shh..." Fourth try comforts Gemini.

"We've faced challenges before, and we've overcome them. This is no different. You're strong, and I'll be with you every step of the way. We'll find a way to manage this together." Fourth whisper to Gemini again.

Gemini felt his anxiety begin to subside as Fourth's words of comfort and unwavering support enveloped him like a protective embrace. The love in Fourth's eyes and the sincerity in his voice gave him the strength to face his fears and find solace in their connection.

Gemini then hugs Fourth tightly and cries his eyes out. "My Fourth...My Fourth..." Gemini couldn't stop crying, and Fourth didn't stop him. Gemini hasn't let it out in a while. So he believes that it's fine to let him cry his eyes out. They both fall asleep in each other's embrace.

The embraces that they will come looking for again and again in the future. The one that they won't ever forget.

Gemini's head rested gently on Fourth's chest, listening to the steady rhythm of his heartbeat like a soothing lullaby. The gentle rise and fall of Fourth's breath served as a calming melody, guiding him into a state of peace.

As the night wore on, Gemini's panic began to dissipate, replaced by a profound sense of security.

"I wonder, how long can we stay as just 'guy friends'?" Fourth whispers in Gemini's ears before he falls asleep again on Gemini's arm.

"My Fourth..."

Author Note: Don't forget to vote naa! :) Chapter's Vote target: 10