Chapter 4

Amelia hadn't expected Javi to ditch her on the dance floor after their first dance. She didn't mind it, though, especially with all their friends next to her, laughing and giggling and telling her about how Fern had distracted Javi, and how Tarrick and Warden Garcia were arguing once again, this time, in front of the DJ, going on and on and on about which song they wanted to be played next. Santaura had come in and tried to pry them apart, but oh would anyone ever listen to her?! She'd yelled at the both of them and then found a stray puppy to cuddle with, sitting on one of the chairs by the air conditioner, chatting away nicely with Rina Garcia.

Her attention was distracted to the stage where the band was playing, when all music came to a halt, and she looked up to see her fiancé— husband— standing on the stage, with a mic in his hand, bowing gently, shoulders hunched forward, eyes fixated on his shoes, he coughed on the mic, to gather more attention, "friends, family, and all our dear guests," he started, in a voice much heavier, huskier than what he usually had, and Amelia could hear his nervousness echoing, "I'd request the attention? Of the people around us... for a little song, that I'd like to dedicate to my most beautiful wife"

He looked up, and her gaze met his, halfway, and she felt her heart flutter. His eyes were glassy, his voice was heavy with emotion, he was singing this song for her, and her only.

The orchestra started playing, and everyone present immediately recognised the song. It was the cheesiest, most predictable song he could've picked out. The song that was used in every single cliched music video, for every single couple, on every single wedding. But something about Javi holding the mic in his hand, standing in front of her, with his nervous voice, a voice that didn't hesitate, or trip in front of millions of screaming fans, trembling in front of a few loved ones, and especially, in front of his wife, and when he started singing, Amelia felt like the universe had come to a halt. His eyes stayed on hers, everything and everyone else faded into nothingness, even in the crowd, there was Javi, and there was Amelia, and there was no one else.

She felt goosebumps rising on her skin, as he started, "I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know"

She felt thrown back in time, to the day when she had actually bonded with Javi the first time, when they had gifted him a new key tar, when she'd brought everyone on the dance floor with him, at Buzzblast— it was as if her life was flashing before her eyes— that moment, it had also felt like there was no one except her and Javi on that floor, she hadn't let her eyes stray from him to anyone else, it had been beautiful. In hindsight, it felt like a foreshadowing to this moment.

This moment, which was everything to her.

"She shares my dreams, I know that now, I'll share her home" slight alterations in the music, it didn't seem out of place, or out of tune, "We are still kids, but we're so in love; I know we'll be alright this time
Darling, just hold my hand; Be my girl, I'll be your man, I see my future in your eyes"

Amelia swallowed a lump in her throat, as she felt tears welling up in her own eyes, her mind reeled back to that one moment when she was sitting on the bed, in his hoodie, nothing underneath, and he sat with his guitar, his newest song on his lips, and his eyes closed as he played the melodies, feeling them, vibrant, and loving, and she too, felt it. That had been the moment when she knew how much she'd loved him. At that moment, seeing his innocence, his love for his music his love for her, that she knew he had been the man for her. That her search had finally come to an end, that she didn't need anyone else, ever.

"Baby, I'm dancing in the dark; With you between my arms" he smiled, a blush creeping up his face, "Barefoot on the grass; Listening to our favorite song, I have faith in what I see"