the one-night stand

01

the hotel room was a chaotic mess. empty wine and vodka bottles lying around along with  the new adults' dismantled clothes. a heavy hand at the same time a banging noise knocked elle out of her deep slumber, waking her up with a pounding head ache.

"WHAT IS THAT NOISE?!?" she exclaimed holding her throbbing head. "shut up!" rhee croaked beside her. the brunette tried scowl at the blonde sleeping next to her through her disheveled hair, but the thing was, elle's best friend, rhee valentine, was a raven curly-head.

"wait blonde hair?" she turned to look at it again, almost giving her a whiplash in the process. and in reflex she kicked the man whoever was beside her with her foot, knocking him off the bed and the guy grabbing the peacefully sleeping raven along with him as he went down.

the duo groaned in unison when they hit the cold, hard floor. "what the fuck dude?" the blondie exclaimed from the floor, holding on to his head for dear life.

"WHO the fuck are you? DUDE!?" elle bellowed at him and pulled out a pillow from behind her using it as a shield against the blonde stranger.

"who the fuck is trying to rip of the door first thing in the morning?!?" rhee spoke, still lying on the floor.

the banging died down after a while but then a phone started ringing again making all three of them groan simultaneously, the noise making their head throb.

"it must be my friend." the blonde boy spoke still holding his head. "wait who are you?" rhee asked with a raspy voice, still lying on the floor but slowly getting sober from last night's drinking spree.

the boy gasped dramatically, as visible hurt flashed over his face, he put his hands on his chest and said, "you don't remember kidnapping AND screwing me?"

the girls looked at each other and then at the stranger, with confusion painted on their faces. "oh my god this is humiliating! i was FINE by my self, drinking away my misery last night when you guys kidnapped me from my team." the blonde boy retold rather dramatically.

the explanation slash holler made them sober up a bit and last night's events flashed through their minds.

19 hours ago
A U  V E U I X  B A R

the best friends entered the bustling bar laughing at the irony, how the name of the bar translates to "to the old" and so they expected it to be an old people's hangout place but turns out most people in there looked like new and young adults.

elle and rhee sat opposite each other at an empty counter still laughing at absolutely nothing, half drunk already, thanks to the free drinks from the hotel they were staying at.

"okay okay let me raise a toast." rhee exclaimed suddenly and raised a half empty martini glass in the air and elle looked expectant to hear it.

"to the break of one heck of a business life and to the beginnings of a remarkable vacation!" the best friends clinked their glasses and took down everything in front of them like their life depended on it.

"i still can't believe my parents are letting me have this trip." elle laughed, reminiscing the way she had to resort to all kinds of ways to make her parents agree for them to go on the trip.