Chapter 1

They don't know about us

I hate the beach, but I stand in California with my toes in the sand..

‚Hey, is everything okay?'

I took my left EarPod out of my ear and looked into my sister's eyes.

I think I thought about America and a little tear ran over my face.

Me and my sister are on our way home from Los Angeles to London, our new home.

We made a tour through America, sponsored by our parents.

They are on a world journey, that's why Laura - my 21-year-old sister - and I are living alone.

It isn't that easy to live alone with my sister, because since our mother is away Laura took the mother character. We always encounter, but all in one we do have a great relationship.

‚Oh yeah, everythings alright, I just thought about America and how much I would miss this.', I finally answered my sister.

It was my biggest dream since I was a little girl, to travel through America.

This year my dream was finally implemented.

Me and Laura traveled 5 weeks through the U.S. with the motorhome and visited every place I wanted.

‚Oh come on, school begins in two days, you'll forget America really fast. Are you excited about your new class?', my sister asked.

‚Haha, of course, me and enjoying school! I hope my class isn't that bad as my old one.'

Laura shrugged instead of an answer and pulled her earphones back on her head, which she took off to talk to me.