The Band Aid short story

"Okay ka lang?" sabi ko dun sa babaeng sa tingin ko kasing edaran ko lang. Napansin ko kasi syang umiiyak.

"Masakit." sabi nya.

"Saan?"

"Masakit yung sugat ko dito oh."tapos pinakita nya sakin yung sugat nya sa tuhod.

"I see." yun na lang ang nasabi ko. Iniwan ko muna sya dun sa slide na inuupuan nya at nagmadaling pumasok sa loob ng bahay namin.

Tinawag ko si Nana yung matandang maid ko. Hinatak ko sya papunta dun sa babaeng naiyak. I told Nana that she was crying because of her bleeding wound.

When I look at Nana's face she was just smiling. At first I wonder why, and then finally understands why she smiles.

She showed me the band aid that's in her right palm.

"A good sample of girl scout." I said to Nana while smiling.

When we're on the park, I pointed Nana the girl that I've been talking about.

"Here." sabi ko habang inaabot ang band aid.

The girl just shooked her head from left to right, which means "no?"

Nana did the first aid. She wash first the wound and then place the band aid to hers.

Nana talks to that girl like she knows her much.

Maybe you. Yes! You! The one who's reading this story. Yes I'm talking to you.

You were thinking how old am I?

I am 10 years old. Yeah. Just ten and I can't do those stuffs. I don't even know how to do first aids. That is why I ask Nana to do it.

"You now okay?" sabi ko dun sa girl.

"Yup. Much better. By the way, thanks. Thanks for the aid."

"Welcome..." actually I don't know her name, but let me try. "... Sarah, but I think you're suppose to thank Nana not me."

Her face shocked. Obviously shocked.

"How..did..you know my name?" she asked.

"Guess I was a good guesser?" but she don't have any idea that I just actually read her name tag.

She said, "Hahaha. Yeah . You are." and I guess I was right.

I just smiled and ready to leave the park. It's almost night. Me and Nana were suppose to be home.

"Hey! Wait." she called me.

I looked back and saw her running towards me. Running with one foot cause her other foot has wound isn't it.

"Thanks again... Superman." then she smiles while panting.

I look onto my shirt. I'm wearing a superman shirt. Haha.

Sarah called me, Superman.

"Sweetie. Where have you been?" mom asketh.

"Sa park po mom with Nana."

"Okay. Tell mommy, What did you do there? I heard that you met someone in the park."mom is asking me to tell her what happen.

"That's true mom. I saw her crying that's why I approach her."

"Oh she's a girl huh?"

"Opo. Actually, may sugat po sya kaya I call Nana to do the first aid. You know it mom. I can't do first aids yet. I'm just ten."

"It's okay sweetie. Doing first aid is easy."

"You said that 'coz you're a nurse mom."

"Hehe. Sweetie, you have to take care for someone too. Okay?"