epiphany

(hawks starts up whatever he does hawks foundation or whatever)

Hawks had never been so focused on his life.

The idea flowed from his mind and onto a Google document as smooth as spreading butter on toast or icing a cake.

Foundation Red.

He had it all down. A logo with a simple red feather. How to organize, what positions he needed to hire.

He was going to create a nonprofit organization that collected donations of supply and money specifically to support the foster care system and the organization of heroes/police force/other employees that save children in abusive situations.

It was about 7am when he finished and called Mirko.

"Mirko, I did it." He said, a smile audible in his voice.

"Did what?" She questioned.

"I figured out how to keep helping people." He laughed, "I just shared a Google doc with you, look at it."

"Ok ok, did you go back to sleep?" She asked.

"You're such a mom." He responded, rolling his eyes.

"Oh, ok so you haven't had breakfast either." She responded.

"You know me so well." He responded with a laugh, "just look, just look." He pressed eagerly.

"Wow this is... Very comprehensive." She responded, staying quiet for a minute or two as she took it all in.

"Do you think we can do it?" He asked, his voice raw from his screaming the previous night.

"Yes, and I think I know the perfect person to start with." Mirko responded, a knowing tone in her voice

--------

Izuku Midoriya had been staying with Aizawa and Mic for about a month now.

His mom hadn't been doing well since they'd been released, and while Izuku went to the mental hospital, she had gone to the normal hospital. Her hips were dislocated and she had so many other problems with her body from her husband's abuse, she needed more intense care for a little while before she could care for her son again.

But they visited often and every day Inko seemed happier and happier, Izuku did too. He was prescribed medication, he was in therapy, and overall doing much better than he had been in the past.

He still woke up with nightmares, and he didn't doubt that his mom did too, but he knew that if they hadn't gotten out of there, he might be dead by now. He would much rather have nightmares than be dead.

Today in particular they were sitting down eating dinner when Midoriya spoke up.

"When can we see Hawks again? I haven't heard from him in a while." Izuku said, taking another bite from his meal at their simple kitchen table.

Mic and Aizawa glanced at each other, "maybe soon, we'll see. He's been struggling a bit lately." Mic explained.

"Oh no, is he drinking again? He promised me he wouldn't do that anymore." Izuku said, his eyebrows creasing in worry. When neither Aizawa or Mic answered immediately, "I'm gonna call him. He promised he would never be drunk if I needed him."

-----

Hawks and Mirko's discussion about Foundation Red was interrupted by a phone ringing from the nightstand behind them.

Hawks walked over, a flash of fear crossed his face, and then he quickly picked up.

"Hello? Midoriya, is everything okay?" He asked hurriedly.