"Arthur there are some things that polly doesn't understand, i need you fast. Not slow, eh?"

"She wouldn't let go of my leg" John huffed, referring to Esme. "I bet that's not all she wouldn't let go of" they joked.

"You know she's against this Tom, she's got opinions"

"Nothing wrong with opinions John" Tom started up the car. "Get in the fucking car" Arthur instructed.

"Shut up"

-

"How you feeling" Esme asked, handing Lottie a plate of toast. "Better" she nodded. "Thank you" she took the plate from her hands.

"I'll be over with Polly if you need me" she smiled, leaving the room.

Lottie loved Esme, seen her as her own sister, thought she was amazing. She liked that Esme had her own opinions, and expressed them.

Esme took a seat, glancing at Polly wearily.

"You're against this too, aren't you?" she asked, "Look out for anyone putting big money on Divine Star at 3.30 at NewMarket" Polly ignored the question.

"She's one of ours, anything over a pound, tell me"

Esme stood, taking the papers "Polly?" she asked, "i don't wish to pry into your business, but you should know something"

"That woman is a trickster" she informed her, referring to the 'fortune teller' that Polly had seen the previous night over her children. The children that had been taken away from her.

"What woman?"

"Her sister was in the wash house early, boasting there'd been a Shelby at the table" She said, "What woman" Polly repeated.

"Gypsies talk to each other Polly,"

"What woman"

"You went to see Mrs Price in the patch last night, i'm sorry"

Polly stood, pushing Esme to the wall.

"So what do you know" she hissed. "I know they push the glass, the man, he's her cousin, he pushed the glass. It's a trick"

"They tell you what you already believe. She set up after the war because of all the widows"

"Polly..i just thought you should know"

"And in this fucking wash house," she got in Esme's face, "did they tell you why i went there?"

Esme nodded.

Pol pulled out her knife, hovering it over Esmes neck.

"You tell a soul, in this family, and i swear i will cut you" she hissed. "I don't need a knife to stop me telling secrets given in confidence. It is a matter of honour"

"Aunt Pol what the fuck" Lottie shouted, slamming the door. "Get off her" she shouted. Pol let go of Esme and walked out.

"What the fuck was that about"

Esme swallowed. "Nothing"

-

All three of the brothers walked toward the Eden Club, hands in pockets. Tommy handed the man at the entrance some money, exchanging small conversation.

"Much obliged" Arthur said, taking his hat off.

They walked inside, music playing loudly. "It is a fucking freak show" Arthur looked around. "What the fuck is that racket"

"It's what they call music these days Arthur"

"Music?" he scoffed. John watched one of the servers as she walked past, his eyes following her a grin displayed on his face.

"Oi, oi" Tommy shouted, interrupting two people who were eating each others faces. "Put it away" he demanded. "Fuck off" Arthur shouted, making them jump.

The two rushed away from the table and Tommy sat down.

"Look at this spot, eh?" John laughed, looking around. "It alright isn't it"

"Fucking hell, i recognise a few of these lads" John told them, "Sabini's cousin over there" Arthur shouted over the music.

"That's right Arthur, this is Sabini's club" Tommy shouted back. "Jesus Christ" John whispered. "Everybody here is a fucking face"

"Just the lieutenants John, no sign of the officers"

Men approached the table, placing a hand on Arthurs back. "Gentlemen, there's been a mistake, you're gonna have to leave"

Arthur looked at the hand on his shoulder.

"We just bought a fuckin bottle" John told them. "Some of the men here recognise you from the racetrack in the north" The man in the suit said. "Yeah, we get that a lot" Arthur shouted.

"They say you have no business coming south of the line without prior agreement"

"And what line would that be my friend" Tommy asked. "They say this is provocation" the man said.

"Right well you tell them, we're on holiday" Tommy raised a glass.

"You're breaking the rules. They say you are the peaky blinders"

"Peaky scum" someone shouted, smashing a glass. Suddenly a large fight broke out between the Blinder's and the men from other tables.

Tommy sliced up the face of a man who tried punching him. The men screamed, holding their faces.

Arthur laughed as he knocked someone out. "Who the fuck is next"

John sliced a man's face open, blood pouring everywhere.

Then a gun sounded, the music stopping.

"Get out" the man with the gun demanded. Tommy stared at him. "Yeah? Are you gonna use that?"

"Didn't think so"

"We came here not to make enemies, no, we came here to make new friends" Tommy shouted. "This of you who are last with soon be first" he pointed "and those of you who are down trodden, will rise up"

"You know where to find us" They walked out.