𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐟 𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭

Start from the beginning

Feeling manipulated by my own best friend by his words. He knew how to control me mentally despite the fact that he did love me unconditionally. He had known me well enough to know that I couldn't ever deny him, especially because I had a weak heart when it came to him. The emotions that were placed into my head couldn't connect with my heart. He manipulated me into thinking that Rafe wasn't the one for me. Making me think that him not complimenting me or even being touchy with me was because he didn't want me — which was untrue. Rafe would hurt anyone that touched me. He was a protector. He loves me more than anything he has surrounding him. He wanted to be the best father he could ever be once he found out we were having a baby. JJ didn't know that because he was out to have me as his own. Rafe had blamed himself why JJ hated me being with him. It wasn't even his fault. Tears ran down my cheeks before I heard someone enter my room.

It felt as if my heart was going to collapse. My heart beated faster than it had ever beaten before. "Isla? Are you getting ready?" JJ's voice came through the bedroom door as he had sobered up from his drunken night. My lips trembled at the sound of his voice echoing throughout the room before I turned my head in the direction of his voice. He came into the bedroom, looking around in confusion as if he didn't know where I was. He narrowed his eyebrows while making eye contact with me in the bathroom. He stared at me in concern. He had a small hickey against his chests from the night that came between us. "Are you okay?" He asked and rushed to my side. He shuffled himself into the bathroom and watched me shake my head with pure fear forming in my eyes. "Speak, Isla." He told me. He squatted down beside me, grabbing a hold of my hair that laid against my back. He stared at me as tears fell down my face. His eyes looked into the toilet, noticing the vomit that sat inside the bowl. I shook my head at him before I felt my body lean back. He stared at me in fear forming inside his blue eyes.

"I don't think I can go surfing today." I explained to him and stared at him with distraught in my eyes. He looked at me with the same concern in his eyes. He wiped tears that ran down my cheeks with the tip of his thumb. "What's wrong, baby?" JJ asked as he kept looking at me in my eyes and watched tears keep running down my eyes. "Don't call me that. You know what we did was wrong." I told him in anger that started to fuel into my bloodstream. He narrowed his eyebrows at me once again. "Isla, there was nothing wrong about what we did." He manipulated the situation into thinking that nothing was wrong between us. I wanted to escape. I had to escape from being around him, meaning that I was going to pack my bags and leave for Rafe's house in order for us to leave early to South Carolina. "You manipulated me, JJ." I told him and looked at him with sickness in my eyes. He shook his head at me with his eyes glossing over almost like he was about to cry because he knew what he had done to me. He knew what he did was wrong. He knew he harmed himself but also me. He knew that if Rafe found out, Rafe would harm him first.

JJ reached his hand out towards me. He grasped onto my cheek and kept his eyes on me. Too weak to push him away from me. "You know I love you." He told me in reminder of the discussion he gave me last night. I shook my head. "Please leave." I spoke to him in a stern tone. He released his hand away from my face. He pushed himself up from the floor and turned his back towards me. Running his hand through his hair, he started to walk out of the bathroom to avoid even arguing with me. He turned himself back around to glance at me struggling to control myself. "I'm sorry that we did what we did, but it would be the biggest mistake I've ever made if I didn't do it." He explained. I tucked strands of my hair behind my hair and looked away from him with anger forming in my bloodstream. "I love you and always will, Isla." He commented before he had turned himself back to face the exit of the door. He left me in the presence of myself. Letting myself suffer with my own emotions on the floor of my warm bathroom. Sunshine from outside shined into the window that sat above the shower.

I managed to pull myself up from the floor and flush the toilet that was full of stomach bile and throw up. I stared at myself in the mirror, feeling disgusted with myself and who I was as a person in that moment. I would never forgive myself. I wished that all of this was a nightmare. Dating. Cheating on him with my own best friend. Ward and Barry going after my friends. Being held at gunpoint. My mind was all out of sorts, but that wasn't an excuse to keep making mistakes that I shouldn't have made in the first place. I headed out of the bathroom to shut the door that JJ had walked out of. My feet had shuffled against the floor, the bed I slept in had been a disaster from the rough motions that came from the infidelity. Rubbing my eyes in tiredness from being unable to sleep — eye bags started to form underneath my eyes. Jack and Indie had left my room once JJ walked out of the bedroom door.