- Wait, please...! Don't misunderstand my words, Johnny... Please...

- Nae, no worries. It's fine. - he was being dry, although he tried to hide it.

- Give me two days. That's all I need.

- Two days...?

- Yes, two days. - My shoulders were killing me, but I withstood my position. - After that, I'll be able to be with you without problems.

- Can I ask why the two days?

- I prefer to tell you after that.

- ...Fair enough. I won't force ye.

- Efcharistó, my love.

- I like that sentence. - he chuckled, that brought me relief.

- Then I'll say it more often... My love.

- I look forward to it, Mo' Leannan...

He leaned closer for a second kiss; this time more gentle and affectionate. He caressed my face and lined out a smile; my heart melted upon such cute sight. Our silent moment got interrupted by the door opening, revealing Ghost and Elise's presence.
I wasn't expecting both of them at the same time, but I wasn't so uncomfortable either. Seeing them together brought some sort of unexpected clarity: they really were made for each other; an exotic synergy seemed typical coming from them. Truly a married couple.

- ...We're here.

- Hi, Angie! - Elise waved with a large smile on her face.

- What's the bother? - Johnny seemed confused.

- Price talked to the traumatology staff. Medi got discharged.

- Stop calling her that, Simon! - Elise gave a backhand slap on Ghost's chest; he was unfazed. - That's prejudice!

- I don't see her getting offended. - he glanced at me, seeking approval. - Are you, by any chance?

- No, I'm not. - I giggled at the situation.

- There ya have it, sweetie. Now, time to set her up to come with us, yeah? Johnny, you come with me.

- Aye, LT. On my way. - He kissed my forehead. - See ye in two days, lassie.

- ...See ya, love.

- I'll help her get ready; both of you get the hell out of here! - Elise shooed them out of the room.

As I saw Ghost and Johnny leaving, Elise was picking things that she assumed to be mine and pack on a duffel bag. She seemed to be in good spirits, but I felt deep down that was a façade.
I followed her movements with my eyes, and the unassuming silence was broken out of sudden. I flinched, being caught up in her sweet but menacing voice tone.

- ...Answering your question: yeah, Johnny talked to me about you and him.

- E-excuse me...?

- I'm sparing you from the discomfort of coming to talk to me about that, Angie. - she was folding my old lab coat; it had some rips and stains. - So, as a woman, I'm giving you the heads up.

- What makes you think that? - I scoffed, trying to brush it off.

- Please, don't play coy with me, Angie... I fully admit that I still kept Johnny at arms' lenght, and seeing you both getting closer to each other got me jealous.

- ...So you're admitting that you had something for him?

- Yeah, yeah... - she pursed her lips, looking to the ceiling. - It was selfish of me to believe that I could keep an emotional affair...

- And what Ghost thinks of all this...?

- Oh, he has no idea of the whole truth! - she raised her hands in surrender. - Or at least I believe he doesn't...

- And... You intend to sit with him and talk about it, or...?

-  I wouldn't even dare. He would leave me on the spot, that's for sure.

- Don't think so poorly of him... He loves you more than you can imagine.

- How can you be so sure about that...? - she raised her eyebrows, leaving a suspicious tone in her voice.

- One night at the HQ's tv lounge, he talked to me about you.

Elise's green eyes widened, as if they were throwing daggers at me. Her breathing was slow and heavy; her jealousy brewing inside. She slowly kept packing things, still maintaining the eye contact. It was eerie; my heart started to race, my instincts were screaming at me to run.

- ...He was truly concerned about you. He asked for advice about some issues that you both were facing.

- ...Is that so?

- Yes. I presume you've noticed some changes.

- I can't say I didn't. - she zipped up the duffle bag. - He got better, I must admit that.

- I'm glad that things are going well for you. - I smiled. - I hope everything goes beyond that.

- And I thank you... Whatever you said to him, it only brought us closer. And I could  understand my place in Johnny's life.

- You're welcome.

- Well, time to go back home! - her demeanor quickly shifted while pushing a wheelchair. - Come on, let me help you.

Elise made sure to be as gentle and caring as possible while she was lending me her shoulder for support so I could sit on the wheelchair. My legs were still wobbly and sore, my arms felt like weighing tons. She rested a blanket over my legs and quickly placed herself to push me towards the door. It was time to leave that place.

The nurses said their goodbyes along the way to the entrance and exit hall. Ghost and Johnny were waiting for us outside, leaning on tactical jeep. My cheeks felt warm as soon as Johnny picked me up from the wheelchair, gently placing me in the backseat.

- Are you ok in there? Need anything?

- I'm fine, Johnny... Efcharistó.

- Get in, Johnny. - Ghost was already turning on the engine.

- Are you driving again...? Nae, let me get behind the wheel now.

- Are you calling me a shitty driver, MacTavish?

- Aw, come on LT!  Don't get it twisted!

- Then stop being a bloody wanker.

- Boys, let's go already... I'm hungry! - Elise was rolling her eyes.

I couldn't help myself and a giggle just happened. Our drive back to the base was lively, despite Ghost's complaints and sudden arguments. I never imagined that I would feel so glad to see them again. That dynamic had become precious... I have friends now. And a lover.
I'm still alive.