"I know."

"And she's gonna work with us, god! I don't know how am I gonna tolerate just her presence!" I leaned against my car while Deena did the same beside me.

"She's gonna be like, 5 floors away from us, Tine." 

I looked at Dee and saw her smiling, the comforting smile she always gives me whenever I was not in the mood.

"Tell me, do you like her?" I crossed my arms against my chest, my eyes fixated on her.

"You know who I like, Tine, and that will never change." I could see the sincerity in her eyes, holding my gaze.

"You know that I could never return it, why continue?"

Dee sighed deeply and looked up at the sky.

"Well, maybe I'm stupid." She said laughing softly.

"Dee!"

"I don't know, Tine. The heart wants what it wants." 

We were silent for a couple of minutes.

"And you're still okay being my friend?" 

"Of course..." She pulled my arm and put hers on my shoulder. "If I don't, you think I'd stick by you?" She gazed back to the sky.

"But why?" I honestly don't know why I was suddenly asking her these.

"Hmm... Maybe even if I know you will never love me the way I love you, I am contented with the kind of love you have for me, and that is enough. I like having you in my life, Tine. You have a big part in it, and if we will just be friends, so be it. Important is, I know that I will grow old with you, we will both have wrinkled skin together. Ohh, I could see us both in the next 50 years in a retirement home, still bantering about the simplest things."

Deena always knows how to lighten my mood, she always knows how to make me smile and say the right words.

"Thank you." That is all I could muster.

"Anytime, babe."

***

The next day, as expected, all department heads were called into the conference room to introduce Sabrina.

Sabrina was already there when Dee and I came, and the moment she saw us both, her smile grew wider, well, not intended for me but for Deena. And like no time had passed, she'd throw that annoying look at me and smirk.

"Do you know what happened to Victor?" I asked Ricci in a low voice, the admin director who stood by my side.

"Nobody knows." He said without even looking at me, his eyes fixated on the beauty before him.

Yes, I'd admit, Sabrina is tall, very pretty. Long dirty blonde hair, and an alluring smile that goes up to her flirty eyes. A body to die for and yes, with big boobs. When she walked past you, you would definitely turn your head and stare.

She was straight as far as I know. She dated tons of guys in college but I don't get why she was chasing Deena. Never in any university gossip had I heard that she dated a girl, that's why maybe in my head, she was just chasing Deena just to annoy the hell out of me.

And she's very successful at it!

"So please, let's welcome Ms. Sabrina Hughes!" Our CEO initiated to clap and the rest followed except for me.

"Thank you, Mr. Riva. Thank you all. I am really excited to work with you all, especially with the creative team." Her eyes focused on Deena.

Deena let out an awkward laugh when the others eyed her, probably wondering what Sabrina meant.

"Ohh, Deena and I go way back. We were in the same university. She's the one who got away and broke my heart."

You could hear the low gasps escape from my colleague's mouth with the dramatic scene Sabrina started.

"Ohh, Sabrina! She's... She's kidding, obviously kidding!" If possible to be more awkward, that was Deena. She roamed her eyes to everybody saying those words with her awkward laugh.

"So you might know our marketing director, Kristine, she's from the same university too." Our CEO asked her.

"Well, yeah. Her face is familiar. I mean..."

Bitch! Bitch! Bitch!

For the next five minutes, Sabrina was shaking everybody's hands and when she approached us, she hugged Deena, so tight that you'd think they had a past or something. She completely ignored me, of course, which was fine for me because I didn't want to pretend that I liked her.

If not only for Deena, I'd storm off. I was waiting for her to go so that we could go together, but I guess, she was waiting for Sabrina?

"Long time, stranger!" She told Deena when she finally freed her.

"Yeah, long time. How did you... end up here?" Sabrina let go of her but not her hands, she was still holding Deena's hands and it was so irritating.

Exactly, why?

"Oh you know, I targeted to come here when I knew that you were working here." She winked at Deena and gave her her signature alluring smile.

"So, have lunch with me today? It's my first day and I need a tour." The slut continued.

Deena looked at me, finally, which Sabrina did as well.

"You both work together, I bet your friend wouldn't mind if I steal you just for lunch."

Deena ended up saying yes to her, as always.

__________________________________

Hello, my lovely and funny readers, I set up a ko-fi account, so if you want to treat me, send me a gift, or simply motivate me, please feel free to visit my page: Ko-fi.com/lunamarcelo :)

Follow me on IG as well: LunaMarcel0

Thank youuuu for always supporting my work, I'm reading all your comments and I love how invested you are in the story :)