Roseanne pouted. "She only told me that you were with her. Nothing more."

"Is it really important?" Lisa questioned. "You missed class."

"Professor gave a pretty complicated lecture." Eunwoo added.

"I'll just ask him about it." He said mistakenly. His eyes widened when he realized. "I mean, I'll ask what I missed."

"We can just lend you our notes." Roseanne suggested.

"Or we can just talk about it right now."

"No." He whined. "I'm too hungry for that."

"You must have a very eventful day."

"Yeah. I'm so hungry."

They were in a restaurant. Inside a private space intended for the more well to do clientele of the establishment. They were separated from the main dining area by a one way mirror glass wall.

"More wine?" The server asked.

Roseanne and Lisa curtly nodded their heads.

"Sir?" He asked Jungkook after pouring in the girls' glasses.

"No. Thank you." He said, waving his hands. "I just don't feel like having it." He quickly explained when he noticed them staring.

A large cheese wheel was brought in. They watched as cacio e pepe was swirled and mixed on it. They were served with a plate of the pasta one by one. Being so famished, Jungkook swiftly took a bite of his.

"Slow down." Lisa reminded, giggling.

"I'm so hungry." Jungkook scrunched his nose. "Besides, I told you I'll just eat and go. I have to go home soon."

"What's at home?" Eunwoo wondered. "You barely hang out with us these days."

"There are more important things to tend to at our age."

"You sound like someone who's already got a family."

"Or someone who's busy with his career." Lisa added.

"We're all like that. What changed? You're not like this before."

"Lighten up. You're right. We barely hang out nowadays. Do you really want to waste this time for this kind of talk?" Roseanne interrupted.

"I'm just saying, if there's something...you can tell us."

"You came off kind of aggressive." Jungkook side-eyed.

Eunwoo smiled apologetically. "I'm sorry. But you know, we know something's up with you. You can tell us. We'll wait until you're ready."

Lisa gave Jungkook a passing look. He bowed and continued eating.

"Is that Professor Kim?"

Jungkook swiftly lifted his head and turned to look. Taehyung was by the restaurant entrance. He was talking to the hostess. She led him to a table directly next to the glass wall.

"Guess he'll be on a date."

"It feels wrong to see him here. It feels like invading his privacy."

Holding his breath, Jungkook subtly brought out his phone.

Where are you? He typed.

<Sorry. I'll be home an hour late. But I'll be there as soon as I can.>

He read his previous message. He never replied. Regrettably, he was thinking, should he have? What is he doing? Who is he meeting?

And a weight crashed on his chest when he saw who came in. He knew her. He stubbornly asked for her name to learn her face. It was the woman Taehyung called the night before their supposed wedding. Jungkook watched with gritted teeth.