Eleven-Pure Pride and Ambition

A/N- to begin I want to clarify this chapter was written by a close friend of mine, they wanted to give writing a try and asked if I could post there work here. Its there first time writing so feedback would be greatly appreciated. Enjoy!! (its another sengen btw)

Senkuu Ishigami.

A creature of pure pride and ambition.

So sure in his own talents.

To no fault of his adoptive father, Byakuya Ishigami or his upbringing. Senkuu had just accepted this was what his personality was like. Didn't matter who would've adopted/ raised him. (Or that's what he'd tell himself)

The only time Senkuu asked about why he was the way he was, Byaukya used to tell Senkuu he was like that when the stork dropped him off at the hospital. (The lie Byakuya would tell Senkuu so he could get out about having the "where do babies come from" talk. Though Byakuya would quickly learn that only lead to Senkuu asking more questions about how a bird was able to carry a 3.2 kg baby in the air.) And Senkuu, besides the obvious lie about the stork, was happy with that answer. It was just who he was.

From his first experiment of "what happens when I open my eyes" to why the moon seem to follow him everywhere he goes, he wanted answers.

And find those answers he would!

Most 5 year olds would talk about their new toys, or the new episode of the anime that just came out. Didn't really leave much room for Senkuu to brag about his latest discovery but that was fine. It only gave him more time to focus on his goals and those goals would soon become all-consuming.

How could they not be?

Not when science was the answer to so many questions and it only grew more and more. Off the backs of overs before him and one day off the back of him as well. If there was anything even close to immortality, science was it.

And that wasn't to say Senkuu didn't have anyyyyy friends. He had Byakuya and his best friend, and sometimes traitor, Taiju Oki.

Senkuu yawned again as he watched the plant under the UV light. He rested his head in his arms as she watched. His eyes felt dry from the all nighter he pulled but it was important to the experiment that he keep watch over the plant.

"I wonder if plants have feelings," Senkuu mumbled to himself. A pretty nonsensical idea but he had heard it from one of his classmates and in his sleep deprived state, it's just something his mind went to. Wouldn't be the first time that night (now morning) He had asked himself a random question.

Senkuu was lost in his thoughts as he tried to stay awake he bareilly noticed the knock at the front door.

"Hey Mr. Ishigami," Senkuu definitely heard that.

"Oh hey Taiju!" Byakuya yawned. "Kind of early huh? I don't think Senkuu's up yet," And just like that Senkuu knew his ruse of stuffing pillows by the door crack had worked.

"Oh don't worry, He definitely is," Senkuu could almost see the innocent smile Taiju must have had.

"Huh- what are you talking about- Ahhh Taiju!"

"Hey buddy!" Taiju swung open the door, knocking the pillows that had previously been in front of the door.

"Traitor," Senkuu didn't mean to say it out loud but at that point nothing was really an internal thought at that point.

"Huh!? Senkuu?! How long have you been awake?!" Byakuya's tone was near scolding.

"Relax old man. It's Saturday," Senkuu waved off Byakuya's concern, not really understanding how mad his father was.