Eight -☆⌒What If It Never Rained⌒☆

Begining notes:
Writer-
Spooks and Clouds
words- 6032

-Another Stanley x Xeno-
[ contains lemons/smut ]

Going to the chapel and we're gonna get ma-a-a-rried~

The tune plays throughout the small diner. The clock has hit six pm that Wednesday night. Most were probably at home or in church, that's what Stanley liked about Wednesday shift. He blows smoke out the window and adjusts his bootstrap to the skates he zoomed around on for eight to twelve hours straight around the black and white tiles that were starting to weather away.

He snuffs out his cigarette just as the first customer in an hour comes through the door.

"Ah, Xeno." He cheers just as he spots the heavy eyed regular, "welcome back."

He stands and adjusts his apron and skirt- yes skirt- Stanley made it a point to dress head to toe in some fifties showgirl wear just to skate around and wait tables all night. Really, it was the only thing that got him through the night some days. The owner of the diner doesn't mind- as long as he works his shifts. And it's clear to most patrons that he wasn't a woman. His voice was deep enough after all. It was just his gig until he graduated high school and went into the Marine corps. He was already eighteen anyways, and in a few more months he would be out of this hick town.

"Good evening Stanley." The lab coat wearing man greets him, sitting right next to where he was sitting at the bar.

Stan moves with memory to grab him a cup of coffee, one creamer on the side that he only puts half in.

"Fuji apple red."

"Excuse me?"

Stanley sets the cup in front of him and their eyes meet.

"The color of your lipstick changed, yesterday it was Chevy red, but now it's Fuji apple, am I right?"

Stanley stares at him a moment before giving him a big laugh. "What's got you looking at my lips for that long?"

"It's not everyday you see a man such as yourself Stanley, it's a habit of mine to make acute observations," Xeno's lips quirk upwards, "well, am I right?"

He was right. Stanley had several different lip glosses and lip sticks he haphazardly chose from each morning. Just like his mom had taught him- a person isn't worth smiling if their lips aren't pretty, Stanley.

"Maybe," Stanley pulls out his notebook, "what'll it be tonight?"

"The usual, over easy."

"It's six pm and you want breakfast."

"Your night is-"

"Your morning, I know." He had heard it a thousand times.

He sets the ticket up on kitchens counter. The chef glances into the diner and doesn't even take it, just grumbling and moving back into the small space. He wasn't fond of Stanley, so most of the night he had the diner to himself in a way.

He pours a cup for himself. It's fresh brewed. He knew the night crawlers would come in soon. Stanley hasn't figured out if Xeno is one of those folks yet. But he's willing to place a bet.

"So any new inventions doc?"

"I'm not a doctor yet." Xeno is popping his bones in a stretch before taking his coffee. "And I can't tell you, it's a secret."

Stanley looks to the lipstick that had printed itself into the side of his coffee mug. "It's always a secret."

"Yet you still ask."