Chapter 1. - Réi

It all started with a complete chaos. Eight islands, all populated, but without rules or discipline. Many creatures lived there day by day, fighting to survive. They had no idea of time. The only thing they could do is just living.

Theoriticaly, they were free, with no rules controlling them, but was it really freedom? Actually, it's hard to even call it a life. Communicating in simple, short words, fighting for everything – food, a place to rest, even each other – without communication with other countries, because everyone was simply afraid of the inhabitants of this unnamed land.

A young boy, a bird-derivered fairy was wondering about the meaning of all this. His name was Réi Caddell. He devoted most of his youthful life to plans. He wanted a change. No writing was known at that time, so he was sketching. He wanted the perfect, beautiful kingdom from his sketches to become real.

Firstly, Réi came up with a couple of rules to prevent fights and conflicts. Their original version has long been forgotten, they have undergone modifications many times.

Residents of a no-name land didn't like his idea. They rebelled, no arguments could convince them. Caddell, however, was not discouraged. He had an idea – he would use more powerful means.

Writing wasn't known yet, but oral recipes for a variety of potions from the most powerful wizards have been preserved. Réi decided to convince some folks to his idea using magic.

He knew it wasn't good, but he didn't see any other way.

Soon, thanks to the potion he made, seven people were on his side. The young man was going to convince the rest in a more honest way, but this time he wasn't alone.

Slowly, he gained more and more allies. He was recognized as the first king.

Despite his successes, he still felt guilty for manipulating his first subjects with magic.

The country was named after its first ruler – Caddellan. Réi created a monarchical system, and future rulers continued his work. Soon the first alphabeth was created, and with it the first books. Larger and more solid houses began to be built.

The rulers even had an army, and later in Caddellan knighthood was created.

Currency was created, and thus shops and bazaars.

Culture and art also developed – the first sculptures, paintings or fictional stories from books were created. Along with them, also myths.

Several centuries passed before Caddellan became a fully civilized country. The name of King Réi Caddell has never been forgotten. He himself passed away young, at the age of 50. There are theories that he was murdered or committed suicide.

He was known as a strict but righteous ruler who never gave up and always finished what he started.

Young Réi quickly learned the hardships of the ruler's life and how brutal it could be. An honest fairy was often forced to do something beyond his strength, or even lies. He sacrificed everything to repair an isolated, wild country and give it a proud name.

He had a wife and an only daughter whom he loved and wanted to protect them at all costs. However, his efforts were not important – the life of the monarch is not safe. Especially when not so long ago the country whose ruler you are did not know any rules and had no morality.

His daughter, Tez, became a queen after his death.

***

Logan Foreswift was very interested in the story of the first king, and he had many books about him in his home. He always liked to tell everyone the story of "the king who created something out of nothing."

Logan couldn't look at Erix normally after his confession. He was constantly thinking about what to tell him about it. Logan was not interested in men. He didn't have much time to think, because Erix came to his house the next day.

„Oh... Erix, what brings you here?" he asked, opening the door.

„We have to finish our previous talk." said the elf with a serious face.

Logan invited him inside.

„Listen... about that... sorry, but I don't feel the same way." Logan explained, looking down.

Erix got sadder. Logan offered him friendship, to which the young cartographer agreed.

„That's good I didn't tell anyone" he thought.

Deep inside, he was happy that Logan didn't make fun of him for his feelings. Things like that happenned before. Erix was a grown man, he had to deal with something as common as rejection. He went back to his house, lit a fire in the fireplace, and sat down in the armchair. He was waiting for a special guest – his younger sister, Misty.

Misty was 13 years old. Her and Erix always had a good relationship and it did not change even after Erix moved away from his parents at the age of eighteen.

Misty had chocolate-brown skin and white hair, just like her brother. Her eyes were blue like the sky during spring. She had big, round glasses.

Although everyone said that she and Erix were alike, the siblings did not notice that. Misty inherited her father's beauty - she had a round face and an upturned nose when her brother was the complete opposite.

Erix moved from his armchair when he heard knocking to the front door.