Prologue

Caddellan was a beautiful place. It consisted of eight regions – The Central Region, the Bat King Region, the Golden Hawk Region, the Dragon's Scale region, the Wild Feather's Region, the Wolf's Region, the Faun Region and the Crystal Sword Region.

The Central Region is the biggest and most important. The castle was here, future knights train here and the trainings started here too – kids at age fourteen to eighteen were training with a coach, so they can deal with dangerous situations. The nature in this region was very diverse, as were the inhabitants. In the Central Region there were lots of towns and cities, and some smaller villages. There was also a dangerous border passing through the Central Region, which must not be crossed...

The name of the Bat King Region was based on a legend about the bat king, who saved his country attacking their enemy with the help of thousands of bats. There are mostly caves in that region. The Bat King Region is a region with the smallest population.

In the Golden Hawk region, fairies predominate, mainly insect-derived ones. The fauna there is very diverse, and the inhabitants take great care of it. Most talented musicians and esteemed bards come from this region.

The Dragon's Scales region is home to many mighty dragons. Residents try not to disturb them. Dragons are protected and killing or harming them is forbidden. Their territory is separated from civilization.

The Wild Feather region was mostly inhabited by goblins. They were not very open to contact with other regions, but it was possible to cooperate with them. The region is overflowing with lakes. There is also a diverse architecture, goblins were specialists in this field.

In the Wolf region live mainly werewolves, because the conditions there suit them best. There were mainly forests. The inhabitants of this region are famous for their hospitality and serenity. They value traditions very much and their most important value is family.

The Faun Region is a land of eternal winter. There are still minus temperatures there, and the snow does not seem to melt. It is inhabited mainly by elves, fauna and centaurs. The inhabitants of these mountainous areas, like those living in the Wolf region, welcome their guests with open arms.

Most of the legendary, powerful knights came from the Crystal Sword region. It was also there that the first book was created and it was there that maps began to be created.

In the Central Region lived an elf, Erix Bizeveron. He lived in one of the villages with his parents. As a ten-year-old, he spent time away from home almost every day, exploring new areas. He liked to walk in the forests or abandoned places. In particular, he was interested in animals. In every place he visited, there were other creatures, all of which he found very interesting.

Erix had dark skin, red eyes, and white hair that he never wanted to cut. He also took over white eyelashes from his mother. He wasn't very happy about it.

As he grew older, he started drawing maps and making money from it. Although he lost the energy to walk so much and explore places in the area, his love for animals remained constant. He often shared his knowledge about them with family and friends.

His dream was to travel, but it was difficult for him to realize them due to his seasickness. He was left with the stories of his best friend from expeditions. It is true that these were business trips, but they allowed you to visit a lot of the world.

That day the weather was perfect. The sun wasn't shining too much, nor was it too cold. In a few months, Erix would have celebrated his 25th birthday. He wasn't too bothered. He liked to spend time with his loved ones, but apart from that, his birthday was the same day for him as any other.

The young elf has just made a very important decision. For some time he had been interested in a werewolf living in the same village as him. He hadn't felt anything like that for anyone in a long time. Many claimed to have feelings for Erix, but he never felt the same as them.

Logan Foreswift, a twenty-year-old werewolf, ran a small shop with his family. That's where Erix went to meet him. He reached a small building. He opened the door, which was loudly announced by the bell above it. A few people standing in line, as well as Logan behind the cash register, reflexively glanced at Erix.

„Good morning!" He was greeted by a young salesman with a sincere, wide smile.

„Good morning." The elf answered him and took his place in the queue.

Logan had a very good reputation. It was hardly surprising, it was impossible not to like someone like that. He maintained good relations with his family, helped everyone and was open. You could talk to him about anything.

„How can I help you?" Logan asked, when Erix came closer.

„I... I wanted to talk." White-haired man said.

„About what?"

„Can we leave for a second?"

There was no one in line behind Erix, so Logan nodded and walked out from behind the counter, leaving a note on it saying he would be right back. Together they went behind the store.

„Listen..." the elf started.

Logan adjusted his dark, wavy hair. His blue eyes were fixed on Erix, who was trying to arrange his thoughts in his head.

„I like you." Bizeveron said quietly.

The werewolf didn't know what to answer. He wasn't interested in men, but he didn't want to hurt Erix. There was so much emotion in his eyes that it was hard to tell what his first reaction to the news was.

„Erix, I... you... you're an amazing person." He finally said.

Then they both heard a bell signaling that someone had entered the store.

„Sorry, I have to go back to work"

The werewolf left, leaving Erix alone. He wasn't sure what to think about the whole situation.

Does Logan feel what he feels? Maybe he needs time? What should he do now?

The elf decided to wait until Logan was home. He wanted to give him time to make a decision and think about his words. After all, it was also a shock for young Foreswift.

After standing idly by behind the store, Erix returned home. He still had work to do. His office was in his house. He lived alone, so no one disturbed him in what he was doing.