chapter thirty-six

Start from the beginning

That was a girls voice, drawling out his name like a moan and sounding tired.

"I don't know," Zade replied to her. "Drop the call and come back here, I need you." She sounded unfamiliar and somehow flirty.

I couldn't help the tears from ruining all of my makeup, making my blood rush and my cries vibrating through my chest.

I couldn't help but break.

Shaking violently and my stomach twisting, I dropped to the floor and my hugged my knees, letting some of the bottled contents out out.

I knew he didn't care about me, but I didn't think he'd forget me that easily. I didn't know I held that little impact on him... he got in bed with the next willing girl and forgot about me in so little time. I'm here, suffering, crying and throwing up, all of this being done to me because of him. Because of his enemies, I'm getting the bad end of the stick while he perishes.

Did he lay this trap out for me? Did he lie to me from the beginning, so I could fall alone and he wouldn't catch me, instead, he would leave me to fall in the dark pit alone.

I fell in love with him, whereby he used me as an escape from his enemies.

I hate it when people call me, even if it's a wrong number

I hate it when people call me, even if it's a wrong number. Even worse when their connection is so bad you can only hear ragged breathing.

I exit my car after leaving the warehouse. I catch sight of the normal-looking White House that is shielded by a garden of beautiful white roses. I pluck one out and smell it, I love white roses.

"Stop your sickening desires, man, let's go inside." I tilt my head to face the man who seems somehow impatient to meet Volkov's little spouse.

I pluck two more, I'm keeping these for my princess.

She likes tulips, I have those in my garden, I'll bring them for her later. I hope she will love how I keep her flowers in her vases and change them before they die. She was obsessive over that. 

If the flowers died before she could replace them, she got sad for the whole day. It reminds me of the time we were driving to our favourite spot in Tokyo and we ran into a garden filled with dead flowers. She made me stop and looked for a pipe so she would let the water run and into the little garden. She loves flowers and I always waited for the right time to give her flowers. Tulips... roses... anything she wants.

I don't even knock on the white door, it was unlocked, so we entered.

There she was, in the kitchen, dancing to some Taylor Swift song— awful music taste. Zhaian's is better, she liked Lana Del Rey and this R&B dude, I forgot who. Not only is the song choice a crime to society, but so are her dance moves.

She's jumping up and down while at the same time she swaying side to side. Her brown hair jumps with her.

I clear my throat to get her attention. She swiftly turns her head and stops dancing, her eyes switching between us. Quite intimidating we looked.

"Liza!" She yelled without taking her eyes off us.

Elizabeth Volkov is Volkov's wife, but that fucker is too fucked to settle on one sister, so he married Elizabeth while being tangled with her younger sister, Luna. Apparently, he has a thing for her, according to my very reliable sources.

Something like love?

I know if we use his wife, nothing will get to him, but his little precious gem that's here... he'd die for her.

"Hey, sweetheart, how you doin'?" I give a charming smile, trying to seem more human than I looked. "I'm... I'm great." She chuckled, turning her atrocious music down. "Can we have a word? Just you and me." She skimmed her eyes over me, black slack, white shirt, tattoos all over my hands, a light stubble on my cheeks and above my lip, and dark, messy hair that is getting longer than it should.

"Yeah," she said. "Of cause."

She leaves her cookie dough that she was working on unfinished as she follows me outside. Daniel stayed inside, sitting on the couch with his ankle on his knees and a cigarette in between his lips.

"If you don't mind, I'd like to ask who you are." She said with a light blush on her cheeks, putting a strand of brown hair behind her ear. Her hair is the wrong shade of brown, her eyes aren't dark enough, her nose and cheeks aren't lightly freckles and she doesn't have lips like my lady's.

She is no way ugly, but she doesn't stand a one in million chance next to my Aia. No one does.

"I do mind." I answered, "I'd like to not reveal myself as of now."

She nods, "Can I ask why you're here, then?"

"Call your sisters husband for me," I say, "I know you talk frequently."

"What are you talking about?" She chuckled uneasily. "Call him." I said sternly.

She must've understood that I'm not here for games because she whips her phone out of her pocket and looks at me before dialling his numbers and putting her phone to her ear. "Santi..." she says in a baby-like voice.

Ew.

"There's a man here and he told me to—" She cuts herself off with a scream when I point my gun at her forehead. She drops the phone to the floor and Daniel appears at the right time to inject the syringe into her neck. She falls forward, and I let her hit the cement floor.

"Where's Elizabeth?"

"Unconscious, but the baby, man." He says, his eyes softening in pity and remorse. "Im not that heartless, Daniel," I say. "Take Elizabeth and Luna in the van, I'll go get the little girl."

"She's crying—"

"I know how to deal with babies, and she's not that young... like what? Four?" I'm a very gentle person when it comes to kids, this motherfucker thought I was gonna tie up a four-year-old?

He agrees and takes Luna to the van first, he then comes back for Elizabeth. I enter the house and see the wailing kid hiding behind a sofa. "Hey." I grin. She looks up at me with her bloodshot eyes. "Where's my mommy?" She hiccups.

"Over there." I point towards the door.  "I'll take you to your mommy." I offer my hand and she immediately takes it.

I wipe off her tears with my thumb and she sniffles.

Volkov will freak out and come here to check on little princess, when he finds the house a mess and the dough unbaked, he'll know I have her and he will come looking for me, I'll have my two men following him everywhere he goes, so when he decides to go back to wherever he kept Aia, I'll know where she is and then... boom.

___

I was reading through the chapters I wrote like six months ago and I almost cried COS WHAT THE HELL😭

How did y'all survive all those grammatical errors and ill writing... like WHAT😭
I need to edit this ASAP😓

But anyways, another late update🥰🫶🏽