The Night We Met: Chapter 1

Jessica's POV
"Jessica? Jessica can you hear me?" The doctor said as I woke up. "Where am I?" I asked. I was rolling down a hallway on some kind of bed. "Jessy?" I could hear the concern in my mothers voice. "M-mom? What happened?" I frantically asked my mother. That's when it hit me.

"Mom... Where is Alex? I need to see him." As I looked around all I seen was the walls moving past me. A few patients came out of their rooms to see what was going on. "Honey," my mom said slowly, "Alex has been taken into police custody. He almost killed you. You still have pieces of glass in your neck and arm. The glass is to deep so they are going to preform surgery."

Suddenly I remembered what happened. Me and Alex went out to a bar with a few of our friends. One of my friends said that I looked good. He had to much to drink and got mad. He took me outside and we started arguing. He got mad at me for defending my friend Evelyn and threw a beer bottle at me out of anger. Next thing I knew I was waking up on the hospital bed.

"Mom. No it was a misunderstanding he just had to much to drink. I swear!" I tried so hard to convince her he didn't mean to but then she had to leave. "Alright Jessica, we are going to put you to sleep to preform the surgery. Everything will be okay." Those were the last words i heard.

Max's POV
"You are so fucking useless Max!" Jacky screamed. I could smell the alcohol on her breath. "You know what Max. I'm done. To be honest I've been sleeping with your best friend Mark. You don't provide anything for me. All I get from you is cringy ass messages and bike rides. It's over." She said taking another sip of the drink in her hand. She called Mark over and kissed him.

She fucking kissed him right in front of me. "Sorry dude." Mark said with a smirk on his face while wrapping his arm around Jacky. After that they turned around and walked off. I need to get out of here. I walked outside and got ready to go home. My girlfriend of 6 fucking years has been cheating on me with my best friend. I can't do this. I got on my bike turned on my music and put my helmet on. I couldn't stop crying. The tears just kept coming.

My sight had gone blurry because of how teary my eyes were. I started going faster. I couldn't stop it. Nothing could stop it. Except the intersection. I ran through the red light. All I could hear was the sound of a truck horn. Next thing I remember was waking up in the hospital.

As I looked around i noticed there was another girl in the room. She was reading a book. This girl ,whoever she was, is gorgeous. "Hi" The girl said putting her book down. "What happened to you?" She asked looking at at me with what looked like concern on her face. "I'm not sure," I said, " one minute I was riding on my motorcycle with blurry vision and the next i'm waking up here. What happened to you?"

She reached her hand up and touched her neck as if considering not telling me. "I got into a fight with someone and they threw a beer bottle at me. The glass got into my neck and arm." She said laughing it off a bit. "Oh damn. Sorry to hear about that. My name is Max by the way." I said with a smile. She got up and came to the side of my hospital bed. "I'm Jessica, but you can call me Jess or Jessy." She said holding out a hand.

Jessica's POV
After I woke up my mom came into my room to tell me that i'll be here for a few days. "I love you honey, I'm gonna visit you later today. I need to go home and take care of your sister." After she said that she hugged me and left. When I looked around I noticed 2 things. I noticed my mom brought me my book that i've been reading. Then I noticed there was another person in the room. He was handsome honestly. I stared at him for a minute but then looked at my book. I put my hair up and started reading. Around 40 minutes later I hear the mystery guy moving around on his bed. Once I knew for a fact he was awake I put my book down. "Hi" I said. He was startled when he heard my voice. "What happened to you?"

The look on his face told me he had no idea what happened. "I'm not sure," he said "one moment I'm riding my bike with blurry vision and the next I'm waking up in here. What happened to you?" I debated on telling him. Instead of telling him the full story, I gave him a shorter version of what happened. After that he told me his name was Max. Not only is he handsome as hell but he also rides motorcycles. At this point he can have my heart.

We started talking about what had happened before he came here and he told me about his ex. I felt so bad about what had happened. She cheated on him with his best friend and then shoved it in his face. What a bitch. Him and I talked all night until we got tired. The next morning him and I sat on his hospital bed and watched kid shows all morning until our doctor came in.

Turns out we both had the same doctor. Dr. Smith was one of the best doctors at the hospital so luckily we were in good care. One morning she came in and seen us on the bed watching shows and she decided to make a not so funny joke. "Alright you two. Ya'll seem awfully close. No sex on the hospital beds alright?" She laughed as she walked off leaving me and Max frozen in embarrassment.

For the next few days me and Max did pretty much the same thing. Eventually he was able to leave but before he did, he gave me his number. "Here Jess. This is my number. If something like that," he pointed at my neck, "ever happens again or you feel unsafe message me." With that he left.

—————————————————————————
Hii
This is my first time publishing something on here but this is my new book called Adrenaline Rush😌 Hope you enjoy😊❤️
-Cas