* ੈ✩‧₊˚𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛. 𝙰 𝙱𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙱𝚘𝚛𝚗 𝙵𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚆𝚒𝚗𝚎

Start from the beginning

But, your body takes it. You question why. Sitting back a bit, Cordelia takes a sip and gulps it down easily. She sighs and stares out her opened balcony door. Her dark brown hair slightly blew back as her eyes illuminated at the moon. She looked, sad.

"Listen, [ Name ] there is something I must tell you. I don't really know why, especially since..." You raised an eyebrow. What could she have possibly wanted to tell you. "This is important, so please listen," she asks. You nodded. You think of all the possibilities of what she might say.

"I poisoned your glass." Nothing leaves your mouth. Only blood. You're shocked to see this. Out of reflex, you take your hand and place it over your mouth. Someone so mysterious, and always catching your attention by how she is, poisons your glass. What a poker face.

"I'm sorry. I really am. But I must stop you. Stop you from leaving." Your throat is hurting as well as the rest of your body. You fall onto the floor as your blood starts to stain the ground. Dying? You?! B-but why so early? Of trying to escape this girl's clutches, all was hopeless. Your body stops moving at it's fearful rate, with only your heart's beats accelerate any time you grasp for a breath.

Of all things, you turn to look at Cordelia. The girl who had just poisoned your glass. Screw wine. Screw her! Stop you? From escaping this turned hell-hole? Who does she think she is? With only but pity is in her eyes. A poker face is no more than a girl. Was this harem this evil? And to think that spinoff saying you're much worse.

And just as before the world around you went dark.

But to your surprise, your eyes flutter open again. You're back in your room. The same place you've been. You shudder at what you had just seen. You, dying at the hands of some girl you thought would at least be on your side.

'So, it was all a dream huh?' you closed your eyes once again. Something in your chest was telling you to get up and go to Cordelia's room. If you knew where it was to begin with. Then, your logical side came through, why would you go to her room?

Sure, that was a dream. A dream that was too realistic for your own good, but a dream is a dream. Your brain plays tricks on you. Tricks that make your skin crawl, body ache in a pain you hardly get, sweat and cry from how stupidly sentimental it is.

No, you want to know. This human nature of yours still exists in this life of a fantasy, and so does everything else that is a part of it. 'Why did it have to be human nature for us to be so damn curious about things that make them scared shitless?' Great, now you're cursing. You're scared, shitless. You're welcome for reminding you.

Your attire doesn't remain the same as it had a few hours ago. Someone must've changed your clothing. You guess it was probably that maid from earlier. She was quite a character to be that worrisome of you. Then again, you've just met her. (You feel embarrassed that this maid undressed you in your sleep. Typical fantasy trope.)

Slipping out of the sheets (you must've been tucked in as well) you find yourself on the floor of your room. No slippers, only but socks were on your feet. And a white nightgown that may just be stained with blood depending on how you'll react to Cordelia's little homicide in your dream. That girl is full of surprises.

On the table, a candle in a chamberstick, lights brightly and beautifully. You can feel the warmth of it near your skin. A part of you shivers despite the warmth right next to you. Taking it by your right hand, you walk over to your door and open it.

A small creek sound was made, but it was quieter than a regular door from your previous home. You never understood why they squeak so damn loud. It was exhausting to hear. Especially if you were a kid trying to sneak past your parents) or something.

Closing the door behind you, you gulped and walked down the hallway. Now where would this lady's room be?

"Miss Leocadia, what are you doing up so late?" you screamed in shock and started to fall backwards. To your surprise on not hitting the rough floor, the voice that startled you, caught you just in time. There she goes. Just as you were thinking about her not so long ago, this creepy maid pops up!

"W-what are you doing near my bedroom..."

"My name is Olivia. And, I was going to check if you were alright Miss Leocadia. I brought you some water! I'm sorry that I did such a spooky thing during your time of slumber," she said. "But, if I may ask, why are you up so late?" she asked, bringing you back to your previous place. You notice the water that spilled on the floor.

"Olivia. Tell me. Where is Cordelia located as of right now?"

"In her bedroom. Do you need something from her?" she tilts her head. "Yes and no. I must go to her room this instant," you tell her.

"Isn't that funny? She also asked me to wake you and bring you to her room now. She has something very important to tell you," Olivia states. "Oh my lord. I forgot to mention that as well. I'm sorry Miss Leocadia!" she bows. You laughed. "Good. Now, she me the way. I too have something to say to her."

"Uh, as you wish Miss Leocadia! I'll just go get some water later."

"No." You stopped her from going into your room and getting another cup. "No. Go to the kitchen and bring me a bottle of wine. No water." you ordered her. Olivia hesitates and does as she was told. She hurries off into the darkness of the hallway.

Then, you go back to your room, and outside of your balcony. You place your hands on the railing. 'So, it wasn't a dream after all.' You look high up at the moon and furrow your eyebrows. This palace is a place where you want to escape, but it turns out to be a cage you'll die in. No, this mustn't happen.

A bird must flap their wings. What would be the point of them if they couldn't?