take me to church

Start from the beginning

'Only then, I am human!' Tara moved towards you and JJ.

'Only then, I am clean!' Garcia sang at you all.

🎵oh, oh🎵

'Amen!' You all lifted your arms into the air again.

'Amen!' You held yours out to bring Emily towards you with Rossi.

'Amen!' Luke, Ben and Alvez joined you all as a group.

'Take me to church and I'll worship like a dog!' You all sang, pushing your heads back and forth in time with the music.

🎵At the shrine of your lies,
I'll tell you my sins, and you can sharpen your knife 🎵

You took turns moving around the group, singing with them all.

🎵Offer me that deathless death
Oh, good God, let me give you my life🎵

'Take me to church,' you sang with Garcia, 'I'll worship like a dog!'

'At the shrine of your lies,' you moved onto JJ and Tara.

'I'll tell you my sins,' Rossi and Alvez joined in with you, 'so you can sharpen your knife!'

'Offer me that deathless death,' you turned to Ben and Luke.

'Oh, good God,' you all shouted into the air, 'let me give you my life!'

As the song ended, you pulled Emily into you for a quick kiss without the rest of the group noticing.

'More drinks anyone?' JJ shouted as the next song started to play.

'Yes, please!' Luke exclaimed, losing grip of Ben's hands to help her get them.

You began dancing with the rest of the team to the next song when you spotted Tara wander away from the group and towards the opposite end of the bar to JJ and Luke.

Emily noticed you watching and turned around to see what had caught your attention. She turned back round to find your face pulled into a concerned look.

She beckoned you to follow her towards the bar.

'Hey.' You greeted Tara.

'Oh, hey.' She said, taken by surprise.

'You okay?' You asked over the music.

'Yeah, yeah, fine.' She replied.

You pulled your eyebrows in and tilted your head questioningly.

'Okay, you got me.' She admitted.

'What's going on?' Emily asked, as she perched on a stool next to Tara, pulling you between them so you were leant against the stool between Emily's legs.

'It's... ugh...' she sighed drunkenly, 'Rebecca.'

'You've spoken to her?' You asked.

'Yeah, a few times recently.' She told you. 'I was hoping if I could just get a little closer to her again, she'd be more likely to shed some light on Elias Voit but... I underestimated the feelings I still had for her.'

'Did you?' Emily asked. 'Get close?'

'Yeah we...' Tara shook her head, her eyes aimed at the ceiling, 'slept together.'

'Oh.' You responded.

'And then for dessert, she told me it could never happen again.' She said.

'Oh, Tara.' Emily reached for her hand sympathetically.