Chapter 4

Things between Rohan and Abhi have cooled down significantly. They now practice together and even hang out occasionally. With the first semester behind them, they were now well into the mid-time of their second semester.

However, amidst the camaraderie, there was a little conflict between Rohan and Shanaya. Rohan had been so absorbed in football and other activities that he hadn't been giving her enough time. Realizing this, Rohan decided to make it up to her and ask Abhi to come along.

Rohan: "Come... Come with me to the canteen... It's time..."

Abhi: "Time for what?"

Rohan: "Shanaya."

In the canteen area, the girls were having a conversation, and Tanya announced her position as the head cheerleader for the football team.

Tanya: "Hey Shanaya, this year, the head cheerleader for the football team is Tanya Israni."

Shanaya: "Oh, really? Congratulations."

Tanya: "You must be feeling terrible because this position is normally given to the most popular girl in the school?"

Shanaya: "Don't be sorry, Tanya. Holding pom poms in hands and screaming for the boys is not my style. They scream for me... Whistle... That's more my thing! Bye!"

Shanya leaves and makes Tanya angry with her sarcasm. Then, Rohan comes there with some dancer students to perform a dance for Shanaya and make everyone scream "Shanaya! Shanaya!" in the cafeteria. Seeing all the things Rohan did for her today.

Shanaya: "So much love... So much attention... Are you ill? Or have you recovered?"

Rohan: "I have improved..."

Shruti: "Or do you just want to show the whole world that you are still Shanaya Singhania's boyfriend?"

Rohan: "Shruti would have made such a good boy, but God fell asleep, and you were born a girl..."

Shruti: "I think you are asleep... That's why you can't see your competition... Abhimanyu, right?" (Shruti looks at Abhi)

Shanaya: "So you are the new boy in the school..."

Abhi: "As if you didn't notice before..."

Shanaya: "Just saw... Noticing is too far off!"

Rohan: "Okay, Shanaya, let's sit. Jeet... Chair!"

Jeet: "No, I'm comfortable, boss."

Rohan: "Not for you... For Shanaya..."

Jeet: "Oh, yeah."

Shanaya (laughs): "No, it's okay. We have a class." (she bids a sweet goodbye to Rohan and a casual farewell to Abhi).

Seeing Abhi looking at his girlfriend as she leaves, Rohan tries to act protective and asserts that she is his girlfriend, warning Abhi not to think about anything else.

Abhi coolly responds, "Lucky for you, she's not my type, and anyway, I have different plans."

Rohan: "Whatever your plan is, I'm just happy that I have a worthy rival in College!"

With friction, jealousy, love, and friendship, life at St. T's was a rollercoaster of emotions. However, every second weekend, they all got a reality check when they returned home to their real world.

At Rohan's House:

Ashok: "Do you think we'll have mid-term polls?".

Rohan's Elder brother: "There are chances..." replied his father, as they discussed the unpredictable situation".