【𝐇】𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

Start from the beginning

Grubb spun around your frame, "Don't worry too much, boy! It's been a while since the dorm has been cleaned! Cleaning shouldn't be a problem at all!" You chuckled at his enthusiasm.

"Honestly, the house looks lively with you and little Grimmy residing in. So consider this as a welcome gift despite the first meeting we had!" Boo let out a boisterous laugh followed by his brothers.

A grin crept up to your lips and let yourself give in to their spectacular offer. They celebrated quite a bit that made you chuckle once more.

"Goody! We won't let you down, [m.name]!" They said and bid their goodbyes for the day and went somewhere upstairs. Leaving you in a comfortable silence.

For a moment of silence, you suddenly picked up the sound of footsteps coming from behind you. A familiar voice piped up.

"Oh, there you are, Supervisor. Ramshackle is so huge that I almost got lost while finding you." With a bashful grin, Deuce rubbed the back of his neck.

You chuckled, "Deuce, good morning. Hope you had a good night's sleep. Time to leave already?" You must've lost track of time just by roaming around the dorm.

He nodded, "Cater-senpai actually came to get us but I told them to go ahead. And I slept well, thank you…"

"Really? How's Ace by the way?"

"I… I don't know about that though."

You raised a brow at the spade's response and fell silent as he looked at you and elaborated with an expression full of hesitation.

"He seemed… nervous when we woke up. I tried to reassure him about it but he just shrugged it off, and laughed. You probably know that he's trying not to show it since he's… Ace." Deuce softly said and looked at you with faltering doe eyes.

It was true. Ever since your group retreated back to Ramshackle, Ace has been quiet ever since. He usually makes snappy remarks here and there but last night there were none. And he probably thinks that you see it as his exhaustion from yesterday's events. But it's probably more than that.

"Don't worry," You gave Deuce a reassuring smile and patted his shoulder. "He'll be fine. He might be stressed as he is now, but I'm sure he'll find a way. He's Ace after all."

The tense and heavy weight on Deuce's shoulder was lifted and smiled at you softly. That's right, the both of you knew that Ace will probably get up on his feet.

He isn't giving up that easily. The two of you won't let him either way.

"Come on, they're probably looking for us now…"

"O-oh right! Let's go then!"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"We're here!"

You both arrived at the Heartslabyul gates with the cookbook you promised to return. Seeing Ace and Grim along whilst waiting for you two.

"Hey! What took you so long!" Ace exclaimed, and in his hands is a box where the tart is.

"I had something to take care of." You responded, earning a small scowl on Ace's face. But before he could disrupt, five Caters approached the group.

It must be his Unique Magic.

"Huh?! Cater-senpai?!"

"What the-?!"

“Fgnya?!”

"This is my unique magic, [Split Card]. I can make clones of myself using my magic!" The senior said and chuckled. Cater then turned to his clones and waved his pen, vanishing them out of thin air.