Prologue [1.]

[2019 x Michigan University]

      -Kayari Simmons-

I was sitting in the campus food court eating my chicken biscuit combo from Chick-Fil-A. I had a break before my 12pm anatomy class. It was a little after 10:30am, so the court was rather empty but that was fine. I preferred it that way anyhow. I had an anatomy test coming up later in the week so I the quieter it was in here the better I could study. As I was continuing my studies the doors of the court open and in came some rowdy basketball players. I rolled my eyes at their loudness. It's 10 am who has this much energy THIS early in the morning. I just shook my head and continued to study my work, I really needed to pass this test or my grade would be in the danger zone for failing.

As I was writing out the different nerves in the body I felt a few French fries collide with my arm, I looked in the direction they came from and what do you know the team sitting 3 booths behind me throwing French fries at each other. Pissed off I got up making my way toward the table to tell them, if they couldn't quiet it down, the least they could do is keep their food at THEIR table.

                 -Jordan Poole-

The boys and I made our way to the campus food court after a morning meeting with our coaches regarding the rest of the season. When we walked in, there weren't a lot of people in the court area, maybe 15 people in there excluding us. I was looking around taking in the scenery. This was my first year with the team and I didn't explore much of the campus outside of the practice facilities. As I was looking around my eyes landed on this girl sitting by herself just eating her food. I didn't mean to stare at her, but her side profile was truly capturing. Gorgeous brown skin, her hair was black with, honey blonde highlights. As I was taking in her features from her side profile, she looked up and we locked eyes briefly. I looked away quickly though, turning my attention back to the menu.

Once the boys and I got our food, we picked a booth to sit and begin eating before our classes started. Out of nowhere my teammate Adrian begin throwing one of his fry crumbs at our other teammate, Tyson. They begin throwing them back and forth and I seen 3 fries fly in the direction of the girl I was looking at earlier. They hit her arms alerting her to immediately turn her head in our direction. We all seen her push out and begin head toward our booth.

"Oh Shit Ty, she about to go off." Adrian said chuckling.

"Look, y'all are already loud as is, but if y'all aren't going to tone it down the least y'all could do is keep your freaking food at YOUR table." She said before rolling her eyes and heading back to her booth.

"Shiiiittt, lil mama got a body on her." Tyson said dapping up one of the boys.

"She not from here, she from somewhere down south... you could hear it all in that 'y'all.' Them girls from down south always have a body." My teammate Jaden said.

"Damnn that's all y'all seen? Her body?" I said shaking my head. '

"No we seen the face too; shawty definitely as valid 10 fasho." Tyson said dapping Jaden up.

I just laughed and shook my head at their ignorance. I was paying attention to how hard she was in her studying; I could tell there was more to her than just her looks and I wanted to get to know her.

       -[June 20, 2019]  Omniscient pov

"With the 28th Pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, The Golden State Warriors select Jordan Poole from the University of Michigan" Adam Silver said into the microphone.

Jordan's jaw dropped he was going to the NBA. His dreams of going pro was finally coming into fruition. He begin hugging his family before making his way down to accept his new position on one of the best teams in the NBA. The smile on Jordan's face couldn't be faked, this was it, this was now his new reality. Jordan Poole, Professional Athlete. After the draft he called Kayari to see if she had heard the news. After seeing her in the food court that day, Jordan and her became close friends. He planned on asking her to be his girl, but now that he was going pro he was having second thoughts. Only because she still has 3 more years of school left which means while he'd be moving to San Francisco and she'd still be here in Michigan. Jordan's never had a girlfriend let alone a long distance relationship. She was a good girl and he felt she deserved someone who's able to commit to her 100 percent.