Eri still a bit afraid, nodded bravely and held Mirio's hand tightly.

With everything sorted out, Mic tells Eri that they're going to pick up a few other friends along the way.
Present Mic stops at the UA dorms to pick up Bakugou and Todoroki, who both seemed anxious to see their friend. Bakugou opens his mouth to threaten mic for answers, then sees Eri in the backseat and promptly shuts up. Todoroki joins Mirio and Eri in the back and Bakugou takes the front, grumpily sitting next to Mic. As the night drags on they drive in an uneasy silence. Mic's phone lights up with a barrage of unread messages from Shota Aizawa. The silence is broken.
"I need answers. Now." Bakugou growls in a  grave tone.
"If I had answers, I would have told you already. Look, just take my phone and read. I haven't had the chance to yet and we all need to know what we're getting ourselves into."
Mic hands the phone to Katsuki, subtly hinting to Mirio to cover Eri's ears. Mirio gives Eri his headphones and tells her to listen to this new song he found for her. Bakugou starts with the first text if the night.

"Hi this is Hitoshi. We're taking Izuku to the hospital. Im sure you saw why. Just take care of Eri. We'll send updates."

"Why the fuck is eyebags there" bakugou interjects.
"He's our son just keep reading" Mic said in a stern tone. In the back seat Todoroki's eyes widened as he whispered something to himself. Mirio could barely make out something about a "secret love child" which confused him, so he decided to ignore it and move on, which was fairly easy as Bakugou continued to read the texts.
"Ok fine then, moving on"
"Mic: What happened?! I saw the blood. Is he ok?!
Aizawa: Sorry, didn't even think of telling you what was going on until we got to the waiting room and they took him away.
Mic: That's ok, just start from the beginning please.
Aizawa: He was helping with dinner when he started coughing then collapsed. When I turned around Hitoshi was holding him and he was covered in blood and christ he was so fucking pale. He was barely breathing. If it wasn't for his faint heartbeat I would have thought I was holding a corpse.
Aizawa: We just got here and they took him away and Hitoshi is freaking out and I'm freaking out and oh god please tell me you kept Eri from seeing the blood."
The car was bathed in an uneasy silence.
"So this is really it, huh?" Bakugou whimpered, "he's dying isn't he? He's dead, that's why we're here right?"
Todoroki held a blank glazed over expression as tears slipped down his cheeks, lost in thought, trapped in memory. Mirio had just experienced emotional whiplash and was too stunned to speak. Thankfully, Mic stepped in with a bit of logic to reign the group back in.
"No... no this can't be the end. He's not dead. Calm down Katsuki. We don't know what happened yet just keep reading."
Bakugou wiped away tears and took a deep breath. "Yeah, Yeah I guess you're right. We wouldn't be going to see him if he was dead... besides, deku's fucking strong. Nerd doesn't know how to die. He always bounces back."
He took one more deep breath before continuing.
"Aizawa: We're still waiting for news. I told Hitoshi about his condition, figured he deserved to know. I'll keep you updated"
Bakugou nearly exploded the phone in his blind rage.
"Hold up.  You're telling me he's lived with you for a little over a full ass week and you never even thought of telling his adoptive brother about it? He could have died!"
Mic gave an exasperated sigh, rather out of character for the hero. He briefly wondered if his husband, the master of all sighs, would be proud of him, probably not.
"Just shut up and read the new text or so help me I will turn this car around, drop your sorry ass right back off at UA, and see Izuku without you." Mic was pissed, which was rare for Mic, but made sense given the circumstances.

The most recent message read:
"This is Hitoshi. Dad is talking with the doctor now. I'll let you know what they say."

The dreaded three dots plague the corner of the screen and Bakugou is just about ready to blow up the phone when the new message lights up the screen.