There's so much left unspoken

A/N: the chapters will get longer :)
*********************

*November 4th*

E.J's POV:

It's finally the weekend.

I finally have time to spend with Ricky and Seana.

I have been working hard on cleaning up after the fall play ended. I've been sending thank you notes to parents, and directing my students to help out with stage crew clean up so that Howie doesn't have to do it later.

All that means that I was working upstairs in the Drama/Theatre side of Just for a Melody rather than the music side that Ricky works at.

I didn't even get to have lunch with him this week since Howie and I were planning for the winter musical.

I'm thinking that it'll' be the Grinch Jr. but Howie and I haven't finalized the idea yet.

I can also tell that Ricky and I have been in an awkward place in our relationship since Halloween.

He's barely spoken to me about anything that isn't Seanna-related. He's been busy cleaning up after the fall concert and planning for the winter concert with Nini. When we go to bed together in our master bedroom, he cuddles with the pillow instead of my shoulder. It's just awkward and uncomfortable.

I miss his cuddles so much.

Pearce and Meg are back to shooting their show. They are finalizing Ricky's gift while I am making some more calls for Seanna's birthday surprise.

I'll get to see them again for Seanna's birthday though. They wouldn't miss the toddler's birthday for the world.

I have a big surprise for my baby girl that Meg and Pearce pitched to pay for. She's gonna lose her mind over it.

I am not telling Ricky about it till the day of her party because I know that he's going to tell me not to spend money on her.

We need to save money for a lot of reasons.

"Hey, E.J. Do you mind watching Seanna today? I made plans to meet up with Red and Kourt today at the Renaissance festival. We've been talking about this for a while now. I don't think it's a toddler-friendly event. We can take her when she gets older though."

I look over to the bathroom connected to our bedroom and see Ricky walk out with just a towel on his waist. As he shakes his curls out to dry them, I get a bit annoyed by his wet hair getting on the bed I just made. I never get annoyed at him for doing so. I think it's cute when he does it but today, there's so much left unspoken between us. I want to know what's on his mind.

"Yeah, sure. I was going to take her to the California Children's Museum anyway. One of our neighbors said that they have a section for toddlers. I think she'll love it since it's too cold for her to play on the playground." I stop to stare at Ricky while he dries off and changes into a tan-colored polo and pair of pants that look like Kourtney designed them for this event.

I wish he told me about his Renaissance festival plans earlier.

"Thank you. You are the best." I watch him leave our bedroom to go take Seanna to the bathroom since her baby monitor has gone off alerting us that she needs help.

He didn't even say 'I love you' at the end of his sentence.

Did I do something wrong?

I thought that he forgave me about the second Anastasia incident.

At the breakfast table, Ricky barely even acknowledges me. I watch him scarf down his pumpkin spice pancakes and eggs while Seanna plays with her food. I attempted to feed her, but she insisted on doing it herself. Now, there's a mess where she sits and it's on the floor too. Ricky didn't seem to mind though. He seems to be in his own daydream about this Renaissance festival that's more important than hanging out with his two favorite people.