Way, way back then

*October 24th*

E.J's POV:

Today's the last production of, Just for a Melody's fall play, 'Young Frankenstein'.

I am so proud of my pre-teen students for getting this far. Ecspecially, Ry and Ethan. 

Those two boys share a special bond.

They remind me of young Ricky and me.

I can tell that there's something going on between the two of them but I am not supposed to say anything since their parents and foster parents are here this afternoon.

"Hey, E.J. Some people are here to see you in Music Room A downstairs. I've got the kids settled for the curtain call. Go talk to your guests." I see Howie approach me in an all-black outfit while holding onto a clipboard for roll call.

"Um, okay. Thanks. I wasn't expecting anyone. Ricky's in the playroom downstairs with Seanna since she's in her tantrum era. We didn't want her to ruin the kid's last performance," I wave at Howie who has run into our make-shift dressing room aka the co-ed bathroom.

My parents better not be here.

I didn't even tell them about the show when they called from separate locations.

As I walk down the creaky old stairs to Music Room A, I hear a familiar voice talking to another familiar voice.

No, way!

They are here.

My planning and best friend group are here.

"Yo, E.J! What's taking you so long? I thought that you'd be faster since you have a toddler now! I can't believe that Seanna is going to be three in a few weeks. Man, I'm going to cry and I am not even her dad." I go over and hug Pearce who is talking way too loud for my liking.

There on the side next to him is Meg standing there awkwardly while holding onto Quinny's carrier. But my two best friends aren't alone. There's a third guest sitting on one of the couches that are meant for students to sit on.

"What the hell is she doing here?!" I exclaim in my normal voice and watch Meg place Quinny in my arms to comfort me.

"She followed us to Pasadena." I watch Meg cross her fingers behind her back and bite her lip.

Ricky bites his lip when he's nervous.

"Um, I have a name. It's Anastasia. Did you forget when you became a parent? Oh, wait. I'm not supposed to know that information. It's top secret." I watch Anastasis pretend to zip her lips with her fingers and then stick her tongue at me.

Okay, that was rude.

I thought that she would have figured out that I had a child by now. I'm sure that the rumors about Ricky leaving my trailer two and a half years ago are still going on. I don't look at Twitter or entertainment tabloids though.