Chapter 10.

OKAY UH MY BAD FOR LEAVING THIS ON PAUSE

Also this chapter will be very fucking boring because i'm gonna dump info about vampires in this au through Sally's voice, so have fun w that

3rd Person POV:

There was this fleshy sound that echoed out of the room, it was a disgusting sound which Dream couldn't get out of his head. The tissue torn apart even more everytime the knife was pushed down with another swift thrust, blood was gushing out and splurting everywhere, was this the wrong choice? Is this not justified enough? Without enough strength, a knife or many other types of blades can be slightly difficult to pull after it goes through something, even flesh. But this wasn't a normal child was he? A great level of strength can be motivated by hatred, and this is the kind that anyone can develop no matter how calm and patient one can be. Dream could've been a child, he could've lived his life without having to bear in mind so many things and feel them on his skin like a harsh slap to his cheek that's excused as education.

Dream stood behind the door as he listened, he knew exactly what was happening. He was too afraid to look through the open gap, he was scared to see how it'll be to see it from afar and not see it as the one holding the knife. There was this feeling he had in his chest which he was well too familiar with, but it always has an abrupt impact on him, it felt as if his heart was aching and it was getting slightly more difficult for him to breathe as every bit of air he exhaled was heavy with burden. It felt as if he couldn't cry so his whole body cried for him, he could only recognise this strength which he was scared of suddenly drain his body once again, dripping out through the tips of his fingers like blood drops, and this feeling weakened his feet, it made him feel so incredibly powerless. If he didn't have emotions to lead him, he'd probably live his whole life as a criminal.

This child, he cannot recognise, he couldn't plaster his own face to his, maybe it hurts to do so. Was it regret that he felt? No, there wasn't a drop of regret, he would stab that man again in a heartbeat... but now he acknowledged this crushing feeling was the grief he held towards the child that he used to know.

...

Suddenly, as Dream glanced away from the door when he could hear the sounds stop, he could see the hallway that extended. Someone's steps echoed in the distance, but this was strange considering this wasn't what happened before, he could picture it so vividly and he knew that after he was done with the murder he sat on the chair, there was this unfazed look on his face that was more worried about the disposal of the corpse, and his hands and clothes getting bloodied rather than the worry that he had just killed a person. But only now did he realise, how unusual it is that he had worries a sixteen year old shouldn't have.

The blonde widened his eyes as he recognised the person, it was Techno. The pinkette didn't seem to make any eye contact as he passed by.

"Te-" Dream quickly stopped himself and went silent as he reminded himself of the child inside of the room.
He reached out for Techno to grab onto his arm, stop him from entering the room but his hand phased right through him once he tried. The pinkette took a step inside and walked up to Clay, the teen seemed surprised at the sight of this stranger but couldn't bring himself to do something, he was tired.

"Jeez, are you okay?" Techno asked worryingly.

With his verdant eyes he glanced at the scene in shock. He wasn't confused over what was happening because he had just realised that he was supposed to ask that, not Techno. He was supposed to comfort his child, and now.. he wasn't even dissapointed that he failed. He was just confused because this form of concern was something he'd always turn down and look away but why? Why was Techno the one so hard to look away from?