Chapter 3.

3rd Person POV:

The pinkette slowly walked away from the counter, jug in hand filled with boiling water. He seemed unfocused on the male who was seated on the chair infront of the table who was constantly eyeing him with a guilty look plastered on his face.
He looked like he was perpentually on the brink of apologising, but he knew it would be in vain since Techno's replies would always be "It's not your fault" or "It's okay" ... it was almost somewhat unfair to him, since he was aware that no matter if he apologised to no purpose or stood quiet he'd never get inner peace from how things would turn out. Both options would just result into his quiet brother giving a short meaningless answer.

Technoblade poured the water in the mug gently and slowly, an abundance of steam emanated from the liquid and the faint smell of chamomile flooded the air. He returned back to the stove and placed the jug back on it, then walked back to the table and had a seat infront of his brother.

A few seconds passed and as if it was reflex, Wilbur was about to poke the mug to check on the warmth of it.

"Don't touch it" Techno said monotonously.

Wilbur took his hand back and glanced in a wary way anywhere but at Techno.

"I'm uh... sorry"

"About Phil's arm or about trying to touch the mug?"

Phil, who stood by the door just to be there incase one of his sons would go berserk, he was unsettled by the atmosphere in the air. His gentle old man eyes would see through them and how many words they seem to hold back from eachother, but there was a problem. He could never find out what those words are, and unfortunately it seems that Techno and Wilbur would never find that out aswell.

"Both..."

"I told you i'm okay mate, don't worry" Said the man who had his fractured arm in a cast, which had been put on about an hour ago. Countless of guards and servants demanded an answer, and Phil had to make an excuse for every single one. It's hard to hide your son's vampirism when even the slighest sound echoes through a whole castle, like the faint thud of a table or a vase breaking. Or the 5th door Techno took out his anger on and didn't realise how easy it is for him to break down a door.

"Phil's right, it wasn't your fault" The pinkette added monotonously.

It seemed as if that was Wilbur's last drop in the glass, he was confused. He couldn't understand just why did Techno seem so bothered. Was it worry? Was he frustrated? He felt as if i'd only be around him that he's that way. He was full of exasperation over the pinkette's lack of care which Techno wasn't even aware of.

"It is! You've constantly looking this way at me like- you know it is!"

Techno was counfounded by the way Wilbur saw this, it seemed that the guilt was getting too much to him. His gaze softened, which he tried to hide.

"Wilbur, i don't blame you for it- settle down"

"Ah.." Wilbur's gaze wandered off of Techno.

He really felt worried, but he wasn't sure how to show it so he avoided it. He just couldn't understand how people felt so tense around him when he didn't even do anything to cause it, the guy back at the hospital seemed very comfortable and honest after all? Why can't everyone be this way? Techno thought.

The odor of Phil's wound was strong and Techno would cringe at the smell. He had a good smelling sense when it came to blood, everyone's blood seemed to have a distinct scent. It was only that Techno could associate the scent with something, but that was only a condition, most vampires would only be able to smell and detect the scent but not have a certain smell depending on the person.
And Techno disliked the smell of Phil's blood, it was similar to naphthalene and that strange mint candy old people always carry around. It seemed to be fitting for Phil since he's so OLD. And now that he got reminded of the smell, he realised that back at the hospital when he spend a few minutes with that patient. His blood smelled awfully sweet, it was such a nostalgic smell... but Techno certainly knew that no smell from his childhood could smell like that so, what was it that made that stench so savory?