We're Not Worthy

Evelyn was surrounded by darkness and then the next thing she saw the necromancer and was pulled by into a shinning light sending her to the Salvatore school hallway while Landon and the necromancer fight then Rafael and Alaric come in. "Landon, Evie hi. Sorry, bro" Rafael goes to hug them but walks through "Can somebody tell me what the hell's going on right now?" "You can see us" Landon stated "What the fuck am I a ghost?!" Evelyn asked "Curious. Perhaps because you were recently attached to me in death" the necromancer stated "I'm in possession of the phoenix and hybrid's infuriatingly stubborn spirit. But the dark magic I was promised remains out of my grasp until birdbrain here returns from the dead. Now all I need to do is drop him back into his body, and we can all go about our merry business""So what are you waiting for" Alaric commented "The little pillock won't come back!" the necromancer yelled "Yeah but what the fuck does that have to do with me?" Evelyn asked "To put it simple if he doesn't come back neither do you, an insurance policy as you guys call it."

"Quit playing games. Are you telling me you're not powerful enough to force him into his body?" Alaric asked "Not powerful enough?" the necromancer gasped "I am the lord of the restless dead. The judge of all men's fates. I swim laps in the River Styx. But even I have..." he groaned "limitations. Technically, I can only raise a spirit to life if the spirit or the host is willing. Well, that's a big technicality" "At least it matches his ego" Landon commented "Never has a soul been so stubborn as to refuse my gracious offer to return to this realm" the necromancer complained "You know I am not refusing I want to go back to my body" Evelyn said "Then I suggest you convince your annoying friend" necromancer told her. "Fine. We will convince Landon, okay? But what about Hope?" Alaric asked "Oh, honestly, the last thing I need is Tribrid hellfire raining down on me over this when she hears about Evelyn, so maybe us chaps just keep this under our chapeaus until..." the necromancer was cut off by Alaric grabbing him by the collar "What did you do to her?!" He asked. "What are you blathering about?" the necromancer asked braking free "What the hell is wrong with Hope?" Evelyn asked ready to kill the necromancer.

"She won't wake up" Rafael told her "And we think that it has something to do with the black magic" "That's not me. I haven't even gotten full use of the magic yet" the necromancer confessed and Alaric sighed "You think you can work on Landon and Evelyn while I figure out what happened to Hope?" He told Rafael before leaving. "You should go help Dr. Saltzman" Landon told Rafael "Yeah, I will. Right after you both come back" Rafael said "I can't" Landon said sending a sympathetic look to Evelyn "You've got to be kidding me" Evelyn mumbled "See? He's an unreasonable, ungrateful git" the necromancer said "Do you think I want you to get any of that black magic?" Landon stated. "What? That's the reason why you won't come back?" Rafael asked "You know that you doing this is basically killing me right?" Evelyn stated "Literally, everybody else was cool with it, you fallow-breathed toad" the necromancer told him while Rafael brought him to away "Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey. You're not helping" Rafael told him "We both want the same thing, right? Yeah. All right, let me talk to him alone" "Fine" the necromancer said then turned to Evelyn "You have an hour."

"I'm not following any of this" Rafael said as they were in a classroom writing on the board "Look, if I stay dead, The Necromancer doesn't get the dark magic that he wants, Malivore can't use the phoenix as a vessel, and everyone that I love will stay safe and alive" Landon stated "Yeah and if you stay dead you are also killing me" Evelyn stated "We're not even sure what the necromancer is saying is the truth" Landon argued and Evelyn laughed "Are you going to be that on my life." "Hope, Evelyn girlfriend is literally in a hero coma" Rafael told him "Hero moves always lead to..." he wrote on the board "...tragedy" "Plus what kind of brother let's his sister die so she won't be there for her girlfriend I know you want to safe the world and be some hero, but if you do that Hope and I will never forgive you that's a promise" "Okay" Landon said standing up "So what do you want me to do? Let the bad guy win?" "Lan, out there the bad guy wins every day. You know that as well as I do. Bad guy has been beating our asses since day one. So why does this gotta be the time that you stop fighting back?" Rafael stated.