Friday

“See you in house assembly Ash!” Charlie yelled across the corridor as the friends split to go to their form rooms.

Ashley made her way through the door that was already open. Sophie was already there coughing and splutterng covering her mouth with her school cardigan. Not only her but the other form members were also coughing and covering their mouths.

Ashley breathed in and: COUGH COUGH WHEEZE

“EUGGHHH!” Ashley cried covering her mouth with both her hands.

“Ew Miss I… can't breathe!” Sophie winged choking.

“Eugh, I'm not staying in here!” A boy cried running out of the room covering his face with both his arms, pushing past Ashley who was still near the doorway.

“W-wait Joe!” Ms Lavinyaburg stammered but it was too late.
“I'm sorry form but I have seemed to of ran out of air freshener” Ms proclaimed saddened

“What?!” The form screeched together

“Wait, hold on, I think I have another Febreze in the cupboard” apprehended Ms Lavinyaburg “Just give me a minute” she begged swinging open her cupboard door.

And as she did so did a revolting, nauseating HORRENDOUS smell wafted out followed by a whole swarm of flies.

“AGGHHH!” Ms Lavinyaburg shrieked at the top of her lungs before gagging and covering her huge nose with her her tattered cat-fur covered cardigan jumping back.

“EUGHHHH!” The form wimprered all scampering to the other end of the room.

“Ew what tf is that DISGUSTING smell?!” Ashley queried choking now surrounded by the other members of the form “Did something DIE in there or something?!”

“Oh no I hope not!” Sophie whined standing next to her.

Ashley smiled menacingly “Maybe a bunny went to curl up and DIE in there!”

“Oh nooo, no no no!” Sophie wailed procrastinating.

Ashley laughed mechanically before choking and spluttering from the repelling odour. Meanwhile Ms Lavinyaburg was flapping around the room in circles waving her oversized arms around trying to shoo away the remainder of the flies.

“AHHH!” Sophie squeaked as a fly buzzed right by her ear.

“EUGH!” yelled a boy with a strange accent “Why are there so many flies in here?!”

“I have no idea Archie, I'll go and investigate RIGHT NOW!” Ms Lavinyaburg proclaimed marching back to her cupboard.

In she went sorting through and throwing out the cupboard’s belongings venturing in further. Ashley with her form still standing at the back of the room watching anxiously yet inquisitively. Ashley just stood there biting her lips amused, staring at the growing pile of junk that Ms was chucking out. Ms Lavinyaburg, now at the end of her cupboard (and her teather for that matter) lifted up a bin bag which another swarm of flies were buzzing around.

“EUGGGHH!” She shrieked “What in the heavens?!”

“What is it Miss?!” the children urged.

“It… it looks like… like a deceased animal of some kind” Ms Lavinyaburg stammered trying to catch her breath.

Ashley, Archie and another boy rushed over.

“What is it Miss, a dead fox or something?” Archie wondered.

“Or bunny!” Ashley whispered to Sophie who had followed her over. Sophie started sobbing again.

“Don't get too close children” Ms Lavinyaburg warned “it could be diseased!”