Chapter 3 Wedding Gone Wrong

Start from the beginning

The king coughed and everyone took their seat at their table. Alicent sat at a table away from her family as Rhaenarr stood slightly behind her on the wall. Soon as everyone sat down the entire room went quiet when Prince Daemon came into the room.

Daemon walked up to the table before smiling at his brother, the king. Visery just looked at him before having someone give him a seat at the table.

"Be welcome, as we join together in celebration. Tonight is only its beginning. We honor the crown's oldest. And fiercest ally, House Velaryon.Reaching back to the days of old Valyria and the age of Dragons. With House Targaryen and-" The king stopped himself as he looked up ahead.

Everyone follows his gaze to see the queen has finally appeared wearing a beautiful green dress. Alicent looked at her sister in disappointment as her other family did not hesitate to get up and bow for the queen.

Soon everyone got up as the queen started walking towards the front table bowing before her. Hella looked around before smiling at her family. She made it to the front table before looking at Rhaenyra.

"Congratulations, stepdaughter. What a blessing this is for you." Hella said before kissing her husband on his cheek before standing in her spot. The king looked at her before allowing everyone to sit back down.

Rhaenarr looked at Alicent, who looked heartbroken. He knew one thing, the queen just declared war on Rhaenyra.

"With House Targaryen and House Velaryon united, I hope to herald in a second Age of Dragons in Westeros." He said and everyone clapped and cheered." And after tonight's small affair...seven days of tournament and feasting. And the end of it all. A royal wedding...Between my daughter, my heir...your future Queen...and Ser Laenor Velaryon, the heir to Driftmark." He said and everyone cheered once again.

Soon everyone watches as the princess and Laenor start dancing. Alicent looked around as she caught her sister's eye. Hella gave her a look as Alicent rolled her eyes at her before looking the other way,

Once Rhaenyra and Laenor finished dancing, everyone clapped for them. Music started playing and everyone started to join in. A guard came up to Alicent and looked at her.

"Lady Alicent, the Queen has requested your presence." He said, Alicent looked at her sister who was talking to her uncle. Alicent sighs before getting up and following him. Rhaenarr followed behind the two as they walked across the room. When they got to the queen they bowed before her.

"You are free to go, Ser Rhaenarr." Alicent turned around and forced him to stay. " You may be the queen, but he is my sworn protector, and I want him here. You can say whatever you want in front of him." Hella looked at Alicent as she spoke.

"You're my sister; you can be normal around me." Hella spoke up, and Alicent looked at her. "Is that what you want? Talk about how if people knew us long enough, they'd realize you'd declared war on Rhaenyra. Why?" Alicent asked.

"Because she lied to us in order to force our father to leave as hand. She lied about not losing her maidenhood when she actually did it, with another person." Hella told her sister, wanting her sister to understand that the princess was no longer on their side.

"You despise her because she lied to you. May I remind you that you never told her you were seeing her father the night her mother died, and you continued to see him until he married you. You're a hypocrite; you'd despise her even when you did the same." Hella tried to silence Alicent after she told her.

"No. I'm finished. You can try to hurt her all you want. Never again will I be there for you or your family." Alicent had finished speaking and was about to leave when a fight broke out. As people began pushing each other, Rhaenarr stood in front of Alicent.

"We have to leave." As Rhaenarr escorted Alicent out of the room, she nodded. They made sure they were alone when they exited the room and into a hallway.

"Are you all right?" He questioned, and she nodded. "I'm not sure who my sister is anymore. She's not the type of girl who would read me stories or assist me in sneaking snacks from the kitchen. She's gone." Alicent began crying as she spoke. Rhaenarr embraced her. "I'm sorry, Alicent." He spoke to her.

They drew apart as the doors were opened and all the guests were forced to leave. Alicent turned to face her family, who gave her a sidelong glance before walking away. "What is going on?" Alicent asked a guard.

"The King has ordered that the princess marry tonight." Alicent's eyes widened as he spoke. " Rhaenarr, accompany me to my room." He nodded as she walked away.

When they arrived, Alicent undid her hair to remove all of the extra pins. Rhaenarr observed her as she removed her shoes and sat on the bed.

"Do you not want to watch the wedding?" She shook her head when he asked. "I'm not important enough to be at the wedding. And besides, I don't think I can look at my sister right now." She said this before laying down. "The entire feast was a disaster, with my sister dressed in green and a guard murdering a guest." She spoke as Rhaenarr looked around.

"I think I'll wait outside." He said, and she looked at him. "What do you mean?" She asked him, sitting up." You don't want people to get the wrong impression. Me leaving your room late at night." She looked down as he told her.

"You're right, I'm sorry." He smiled as she said this. " But please get some rest. We have no idea what will happen tomorrow." He said as he walked out of the room. She watched as he shut the door and sat down again.

Today was a disaster.