Chapter 2: Two to Four Years Later

Comenzar desde el principio

From then on, the two promised to see each other once a month. They agreed to always write to each other. Alicent was relieved to no longer be alone. Despite being related to the queen, someone is actually interested in talking and listening to her.

Rhaenarr meant a lot to her, and she wanted to keep it that way.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

"So it's true?" Rhaerion asked, and Stanley nodded. "The King's new wife gave him a son, an heir." He told the king, and Rhaerion frowned. "And what about my son? Has anyone found him yet?" He questioned, and Stanley replied, "No."

"I can't sleep at night knowing my son is out there; he could be dead for all we know." Rhaerion said as Stanley frowned at him. "Don't think that way, my king; your son will be returned to you." He told him as the rain began to fall.

"Thank you, Stanley." He waved his hand away, and Stanley nodded before walking away. Rhaerion sighs and returns to his room. He goes downstairs, he sees his wife and son approaching.

He noticed them talking before his wife turned around and snapped at him. As Delaela entered her room, he frowned. Vanyx turned to face his father before walking away. Rhaerion followed his wife as he saw her crying on the bed.

"What's the matter, Delaela?" He questioned, and she turned to face him. "I can't take it any longer. Vanyx's ego has grown, and he recently made it absolutely clear that he doesn't care that his brother is no longer alive. "I miss my son, Rhaerion." She told him as he went up to hug her.

"I know, and I miss him as well." He said this as she looked at him. "But I'm confident Daesa will keep him safe." He smiled as she said this. " She certainly will." He said this as Delaela fell asleep in her husband's arms. " Please be careful, son."

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

TWO YEARS LATER | 116 A

TWO YEARS LATER | 116 A.C. |

"Rhaenarr!" Rhaenarr turned around to see Alicent coming to him." Alicent, hi." He said and walked to her." Is everything okay?" He asked and she nodded." Yes, everything is alright but there is something that I need you to do for me." She said and he raised an eyebrow.

"What is it?" He asked and she looked down, picking at her fingernails." As you know my nephew, Prince Aegon is having his second name day and I would like for you to accompany me as my personal guard?" She asked and his eyes widened.

"But what happens when the royal family is suspicious of me?" He asked and she thought about it. She didn't know what to tell her family if that question came up." You can come up with something." She tells him and he smirks.

"Is there a particular reason why I have to be your guard? Last time I checked no one has threatened your life?" He asked and she sighs sitting next to him." It's just that it's been lonely and everyone is focused on my sister that they barely noticed me." She tells him and he frowned at her.