Chapter Eight*

After their heartful conversation Both individuals got dressed into fresh, clean clothes, covering up their naked bodies from prying eyes.

Conner's clothes looked way too big on Mason's small frame.

The navy blue shirt devoured him whole; however, he did not complain.

He loved oversized clothes.

They were comfortable to him.

Once fully dressed, Conner warned Mason to stay in his room for added protection.

He did not know how his pack would react, much less his father when they see the mark engraved on Mason's pale skin.

He knew that all hell would be let loose once they found out.

There definitely would be a mixture of reactions that will be hard to predict.

He could not risk any harm to befall on the boy that he had sworn to protect.

It is at least he could do for making Mason suffer, and be forced to wear the cursive mark of his.

He had made a huge mistake and now he has to atone for it.

Conner will be able to protect him once he becomes the Alpha of his father's pack.

All he had to do was pass the trial and the title would be his.

He will be able to have total authority over everyone and the rules that make them tick.

They will be unable to harm a single hair off of Mason's body under his watchful eye for futures to come.

Mason will finally be free because they cannot defy their Alpha.

His word is law.

Conner's 21st birthday is today. It marks the day that he will connect with his wolf on a deeper level, and see if he is worthy to claim the spot as the leader of the Blood Moon Pack.

He will be able to go against his father who values traditions over his son's happiness.

He can't wait.

He will make sure his father suffer a great deal for killing his precious mate.

His future was robbed right before his very eyes and karma will soon unfold, grasping the old man tightly unable to escape his doom.

Conner will have to wait for the perfect moment in order to get his revenge and protect Mason.

He will not allow himself to fail again.

He did not want to lose someone that means a lot to him, especially to his own cowardice.

He could never forgive himself for all the mistakes he has done, wishing to go back in time to rewrite them.

Once the moment arrives he will introduce Mason to the world as his future Luna.

This will allow Mason to live a peaceful life.

He won't have to suffer anymore.

All Conner has to do is patiently wait for the right time.

He already planned his father's demise, Mason was an added bonus.

His father's reaction to an Omega becoming a future Luna will be priceless.

He might have a heart attack, giving Conner some sort of satisfaction.

His plan is the following:

1) He will expose his father's wrong doing, making the pack understandable his reasoning

2) kill his father. He will take his precious time. The same way he killed his beloved.

3) introduce Mason once everything settles down.

..........

Conner left the room in a hurry, leaving Mason behind.

There was a lot for him to do today in preparation of becoming the next Alpha; therefore, he had to get an early start if he wished to finish in time.

Mason watched as the tall lean man disappeared behind the oak door to partake in the duties that were assigned to him.

Mason did not want to be alone, muchless kept inside a room all day.

Sadly, he understood it was for his safety.

He could only imagine the punishment he would receive from Conner's father.

He shivered at that thought while falling back onto the firm Mattress, stretching out his limbs out of boredom.

His thoughts overtook his body.

'How are you Holding up?' Samuel, a voice, asked in concerned.

"I don't know to be honest." Mason responded while staring at the ceiling.

"I never expected this to happen. I honestly don't know how I should feel about this situation."

"I don't know if I should feel angry or sad."

"I don't know what to feel anymore. "

"I'm so confused!" Mason said in frustration.

"Only your heart knows the answer. I'm sure everything will work out in the end, after all, the future is unscene."

Mason turned to lay on his side, using his arm as a pillow.

"You say that; however, I know what will happen."

"I will get rejected by my mate regardless of the mark being present"

"Who wants an Omega, especially when their already marked."

"I was screwed from the very beginning."

"Maybe it was a blessing in disguise that Conner did what he did."

'I will not justify his actions but if that is how you feel I will respect it.'

Mason let out a sigh. He sat up, feeling really restless.

He did not want to forgive Conner, but he knew without him he would have zero chance on having a decent life.

Maybe he will grow to like him, and move past the mistakes that have been made.

Maybe in time be would grow to love Conner.

They both needed each other since Conner marked him as his.

It would be impossible for them to separate for a long period of time.

It will effect Mason greatly since he was the one that was graced with the mark.

Mason will soon have to come to terms of everything.

It takes time to move on and adjust to new beginnings.

Mason begins to feel like a bird trapped inside of a cage, begging to be free.

It was getting harder and harder for him to breath; as a result, he made a b-line for the door.

A mistake he wished he could take back.

A/N: Will edit this more better when I get back from vacation. I want to go in more death on how Mason feels about everything. I'm struggling to find away to convey it in my writing.